Power converter

I bought a 2009 Cyclone 3950 last month. Brought it home and plugged it into the 30A RV plug I had installed on my shop. Didn't know what trailer I was going to buy when it was installed. Well after I plugged it in nothing worked. Come to find out the Electrician wired plug for 220. I should had double checked his professional job. Well traced it down to Power transfer switch and replaced it. Of course it knocked out the Microwave too. Took trailer out this week and everything was fine for 3 days. Then the lights went dim. Checked battery and only 6 volts. Run to store and replaced battery. Next day only 9 volts. Didn't run hardly anything that was 12 volt. the night before. Well bought another batter to get the slides and awning and landing legs back in. I now have all 3 batteries back on chargers. I know I need a Power converter. I just not sure about what one? I want to hook 2 batteries back up instead of 1. You can boon dock longer without generator. I has a Progressive Dynamics PD9280V in it now. Would that work fine with 2 batteries or should I put something else in it? Don't want anymore problems.

jimtoo

Hi Dmeyers805,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some info for you, but I would suggest you find the converter and check fuses and also check the small breakers near the battery. Maybe one of them has tripped and needs to be reset.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

danemayer

has a Progressive Dynamics PD9280V in it now. Would that work fine with 2 batteries or should I put something else in it?

The 9280 will do just fine with 2 batteries.

You may find other damaged electronics. Even if things work now, the electronics may have been damaged and the failure just hasn't shown up yet. Televisions may have the power supply getting power even when the set is off. The refrigerator circuit board is also a possibility.

If you still have the damaged microwave, you might find it has an inline fuse behind the control panel protecting the rest of the unit.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you need to get by in a pinch you can hook up a regular battery charger until you get the converter up an running. Keep in mind most converters are fancy battery chargers.