Where can I order the Sikken paint for my RV?

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
I had a blow out that required me to repair the metal skirt by the entry door and on part of the slide. I did all the repairs and they look great. Now I need to paint the repaired area to match the rest of the RV. I have the paint codes and I know the paint is made by Sikken. The problem is I cannot find anyone in my area that carries this paint. Does anyone know where I can order this paint in the US? Would like to get this painting done before our next trip in July.

porthole

Retired
I had a blow out that required me to repair the metal skirt by the entry door and on part of the slide. I did all the repairs and they look great. Now I need to paint the repaired area to match the rest of the RV. I have the paint codes and I know the paint is made by Sikken. The problem is I cannot find anyone in my area that carries this paint. Does anyone know where I can order this paint in the US? Would like to get this painting done before our next trip in July.

While you are it, here is an opportunity to paint those black doors on the reel and switch.
I find it odd that those hatches are not painted on a 365, yet on a new Bighorn we saw at Myrtle Beach they were painted.

fredwrichardson

While you are it, here is an opportunity to paint those black doors on the reel and switch.
I find it odd that those hatches are not painted on a 365, yet on a new Bighorn we saw at Myrtle Beach they were painted.

Good idea. Did not realize that had not been painted.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Seems to me Heartland should have available a small jar/tube/vile of touch-up paint when you buy a new coach. I had touch-up paint with both my 2010 Pinehurst and 2014 San Antonio, but did not have any for my new 365 Newport.

fredwrichardson

Seems to me Heartland should have available a small jar/tube/vile of touch-up paint when you buy a new coach. I had touch-up paint with both my 2010 Pinehurst and 2014 San Antonio, but did not have any for my new 365 Newport.

Keith - I actually got the touch up paint for my Ashland but I have a lot more RV to paint than what the paint they give you. After our last trip I did an inspection and there is actually a lot of pin holes in the paint after driving 5,000 miles. I really need to touch them up ASAP or they will turn into larger holes.

porthole

Retired
Keith, each of the four 365's on display at Goshen had touchup paint in one of the kitchen drawers. Perhaps someone forgot to put yours in.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Keith, each of the four 365's on display at Goshen had touchup paint in one of the kitchen drawers. Perhaps someone forgot to put yours in.

Thanks porthole and fredwrichardson. I am assuming that because my coach was a demo coach for the Tampa RV Show, that Camping World - Tampa pulled the touch-up paint out before taking the rig to the show. My Newport was also suppose to have a 2-step stepladder that was not included. I'll call Heartland Customer Service on Monday and see if I can get the touch-up paint. No sense in contacting Camping World and they won't respond to my e-mails or return my phone calls. Typical Camping World response. Once the unit is sold, they don't know you. I've got a rock chip (small) in the front cap and don't want it getting any larger.

Keith

Lowflyr

I ran into a similar situation here in NW Montana. I just wanted to have some touchup paint for my 2015 Big Country. I contacted Heartland Service where they confirmed, they do not provide touchup paint for their RV's (they need to reconsider this). They did however immediately email me the specific Sikken paint formula. I then took it to our local NAPA Auto Parts store only to be told they cannot cross-reference Sikken with their brands. They tried doing the camera scanning, but won't guarantee matches.

So after numerous calls to several other local auto paint stores, who told me the same thing and doubted anyone in the State carried the brand; I finally found an O'Reilly's Auto Store in Billings Montana (500 miles away) who does mix Sikkens. So I have now faxed the Sikken paint codes/formula to them and they are mixing up some small bottles of touchup paint for me and will ship it free to my local O'Reilly's store for pickup. Cost is $14 per little bottle, which is about standard. They also have the ability to put it into spray cans, which could be nice.

Perhaps other O'Reilly's in your location can do the same thing?

Lowflyr