Grey Holding Tanks

neffers

Just bought our 2950rk in February. Before we take it out on our first camping trip, we were wondering about the 90 gallon grey holding tank. Is it one big tank or two small tanks (one for bath/one for kitchen)? :D

DennisZ

Neffers
You have 2 45 galon tanks, one for the kitchen, and one for the shower/bathroom sink, plus a 45 gallon black tank.

Dennis

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Our Bighorn has two 45 as mentioned above. What I wish they would change is the names of the Gray. Gray #1 and Gray #2. How about Galley and Bath. Does it make any difference.. Not really, but it is more logical.

neffers

Thank you for the info, its a little deceiving thinking you have a full 90 gallon capacity in one tank. Usually need more capacity in shower/bathroom than kitchen.

RubiconAg

Thank you for the info, its a little deceiving thinking you have a full 90 gallon capacity in one tank. Usually need more capacity in shower/bathroom than kitchen.

It's actually ironic you mention this. We just spent 3 days boondocking on the nor-cal coast and filled the kitchen tank 2/3rds over the weekend and the shower tank only 1/3. It seems I have everyone trained to take short extreme water saving showers, now I just need to train the little lady on dish washing efficiency.;) We did have a crab boil, hamburgers, toastadas and nice breakfasts' every morning and did not use paper or plastic utencils. I guess this would warrant the water usage.

johnjoanw

Also, your gauges are probably not telling you the truth. Ours says 2/3 full after a couple of days, then takes another week to say full. I'm still not sure how long we could go before it is really full. Other than waiting until the sink or shower won't drain, I'm not sure how else to tell how full they really are.