Ecstatic New North Trail Owner

Hi everybody! Thrilled to be here!

Last weekend we traded in our 1997 pop-up for a brand spanking new North Trail 31BHD. Wow - what a difference. We were die-hard tenters. . .until the kids came along. Now I have to take back all those disparaging remarks I made about rvers pretending to be camping!:p Humble pie never tasted so good!

We planned to camp about 2 hours from home which was also the location of the nearest Heartland dealer. We've had our eye on one for a while now. We made the deal Friday afternoon but couldn't pick the trailer up until Saturday. So we went on to the campground, cranked that pop-up up one last time so we could sleep only to get up in the morning, unload everything onto the campsite and pop it down one last time! Got to spend the next two nights in the new trailer! I started referring to it as the Golden Palace but the guys in my family don't think that's cool enough. After that pop-up, it feels like a palace!:D

I've been lurking here for a few weeks but found out I have to post if I want to add my location so here I am coming out of lurkdom.
See ya around!

Amy

jpmorgan37

Congratulations Amy & Gene;

And I think that the "Golden Palace" is a fitting name. Welcome to the forum and hope you have many happy days in your new "Palace"

John

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Welcome to the family , congratulations on entering the Golden Era and with a Palace to boot. Like my DW says whats camping , we RV now.:D...Ken

Thanks for the welcome, everybody! Seeing the North Trail sold it. Discovering this forum with factory involvement was icing on the cake!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Congratulations!!! Can't remember the last time we "camped" either...went thru the tent, 3 pop-ups, 3 TT's and the Bighorn is our second 5er...took us alot longer to realize the luxury of our Heartland "palace". Just glad we finally did!

Wish you and your family many happy "RVing" trips in your new trailer!!

jstanco

BBM Pop
Congratulations! We also are the proud new owners of a Heartland North Trail RV. We traded in our Keystone Passport Ultralite and got the 2009 model year 28BH 5th wheel. Can't wait to take it camping!

Congrats from here in Vermont too Gene and Amy. DW and I were similar in your shoes, we didn't have a pop up but we did have a little 15 footer self contained. Now we have a Trailrunner 27' with slide and we love it. Only regret, wished we had bought it sooner.
Good luck and Happy camping with your new palace on wheels.
GregnBonnie in Vermont

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
Oh how exciting for you.
I'm new here too, we just bought a 24 RBS North Trail. We haven't been camping yet, we have a leak in the big storage compartment up front, so the most we have hauled our new rig is 6 miles home from the dealer and then back again! So we aren't quite happy campers yet!
We were tent campers for years, then a Mini Winnie and the last 9 years an Alumalite Motorhome, but we needed a change and can hardly wait to use this trailer.