Slide out tray in basement

Capt7383

We would like to add a slide out tray in the basement of our 3070 BC. I was thinking of the one by Mor Ryde, any thoughts or suggestions

rdufek

What about the WEIGHT! I've been thinking of adding to my BH but think the added weight is just too much to consider it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Bob and Valerie

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am away from home now without the RV. When I get home I will post a picture or two.
As far as weight goes I'm guessing that depending on size, added weight might be in the 75 to 100 pound range. Don't know for sure, but my truck can handle the extra and that is what I would be most concerned about.

Peace
Dave

adamsej

Patti and Jon, 29x90 is exactly what I'd like installed in my 2016 Newport. I called Heartland to ask whether/where it is safe to install it (avoiding fluid lines and electrical wires), and was told ( 1 ) they hadn't heard of such a product, and ( 2 ) they can't recommend installing anything aftermarket.

You got yours at a Rally? Did you install it yourself? Did you know how to avoid driving screws into lines/wires/etc.?

jnbhobe

Mine is from Mor-Ryde, It's sitting on 6 short blocks of 4X4. I used angle brackets and screwed them to the floor.

DougS

Doug S
Some of us have made slide out trays out of plywood, mine weighs 100 lbs. I asked some of the venders while at a RV show and was told some of the commercially made units could weight 150 lbs. With the use of Roller Ball Bearings, my unit works fine. Mine is made out of 1 sheet of 3/4" plywood and 2 sheets of 1/2" plywood and cost me under $100 to build.

hoefler

I have 3 of them out of my Dad's Newmar coach. They are very heavy. I was thinking about installing one or two in our Landmark. To do so, like mentioned above, I would loose about 3"-4" in height and 6" on the sides. So I reconsidered and decided not to install them.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I would loose about 3"-4" in height and 6" on the sides. So I reconsidered and decided not to install them.
I don't know how the Newmar trays are built but you might want to reconsider if they are anything like the MORryde trays.
I am able to store a lot of stuff under my tray so I feel that I lost very little space and the convenience of having access to my stuff is worth any loss.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

I don't know how the Newmar trays are built but you might want to reconsider if they are anything like the MORryde trays.
I am able to store a lot of stuff under my tray so I feel that I lost very little space and the convenience of having access to my stuff is worth any loss.

Peace
Dave

We all have different needs but my experience is similar to Dave's. I store most of my stuff in large plastic totes with flipper door lids. These totes stack - 2 high. I can place them on my tray - 2 across by 2 high and can go 4 deep for 16 totes in total. Each tote is organized by content type (fresh water, sewer, electrical, decorator, club stuff, misc parts etc.) So for me, the tray helps me carry more stuff, more efficiently and make it all pretty each to get to.

DougS

Doug S
Capt7383, here are some pictures of the tray I built before staining. This first addition was a wood on wood slide but it is now modified with 5/8" Roller Ball Bearing which only raises the tray 1". There is space to store under the tray if you have a side to side tray. The tray is held in place with two screws.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 133

hoefler

Peace
Dave

They are Moryde units. The issue I have is the door opening, I would have to raise them to clear on the bottom, on the back side they would be 3" away from the basement wall, on the front, I would loose 8" between the tray and front compartment wall. If anyone is interested they are for sale. The width is determined by the plywood floor which can be cut or replaced. I am 30 miles west of Branson and I can meet you at the rally if you are going to be there.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We all have different needs but my experience is similar to Dave's. I store most of my stuff in large plastic totes with flipper door lids. These totes stack - 2 high. I can place them on my tray - 2 across by 2 high and can go 4 deep for 16 totes in total. Each tote is organized by content type (fresh water, sewer, electrical, decorator, club stuff, misc parts etc.) So for me, the tray helps me carry more stuff, more efficiently and make it all pretty each to get to.
I'm with Jim on this one, our Ashland storage is so big and easy to access.
I had a roller try in my toyhualer and loved it, but the basement door was only about 14" tall so being able to pull the stuff out to you was a must. Now on the Ashland the door is 31 inches tall. Like Jim I'm climbing in and out of there all the time doing projects and repairs. The roller try would definitely be in my way. Also using the tubs I have 6 tubs that I can get to very easily.
And a whole lot more in there.
b55f517b006195800553fcc9510b8708.jpg
32e73d2633c588bc6a1e711584fa5d36.jpg
233bf5b1868c9ea74a590b09c0c1f935.jpg
7c603e1c9911f988e6dcbbb00a1411c5.jpg
efffb3f4531aea8a879bcde9f77ee10a.jpg
7bf02854874ea5457941a8efce992201.jpg

7fb34f42de1c008131674343dd6de323.jpg

If anyone was counting that was 6 chairs for 2 people ...
No one will be left standing in our camp LOL

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dlw930

If anyone was counting that was 6 chairs for 2 people ...
No one will be left standing in our camp LOL

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's us too! 2 chairs for us, 2 for the dogs (and grandkids) and 2 for guests.
9d7ac816f1502d65a60367b52cebd13e.jpg

Oh yeah, I really like my MorStor sliding tray. The small amount of space I lose is more than made up by the ease and convenience of accessing storage containers and other items. I will admit it makes accessing plumbing and other utilities behind the basement wall more difficult, but not impossible. I also wish the Level Up control panel was mounted elsewhere since my storage containers stacked two deep on the tray hit the back of the LU panel preventing the tray from pulling out the door side to its maximum length.