good rv parks in philly

LSPTpr

The family and I in june are going from New Orleans to Washington DC, Philadelphia, Pa and then a tour to southwest Indiana before heading back to La. Does anyone know any good rv parks to stay at in Philly. We will only be there for 2 nights.

Clark

LSPTpr, I live in south central Pennsylvania, near Gettysburg. I have not been camping around Philadelphia, but did do a Google search for Philadelphia area campgrounds and got this one. They advertise as the closest to Philly, but I can't confirm that. You might also check Google, or the Good Sam web page for options.

see: http://www.timberlanecampground.com/

Clark

Paul & Nan

There is a very nice mobile home park, Oak Grove, with RV sites just outside Philly, in Hatfield. We lived in a 5er there for three years and go back to stay there when visiting DD in center city Philly. About 20 minutes gets you right to center city. Nan

Two Hands

The wife and I will be visiting Philadelphia in mid-October and have made reservations at the Philadelphia/Westchester KOA in Westchester. I can't remember if we found it using the KOA Directory or using the Good Sam Trip Planner program. If you happen to see it or stay there in June please let us know what you think of it.

LSPTpr

philly campgrounds

thanks for the replies, we have settled using Timberland campgrouds. Hope it as good as the phone call sounded.

Jim & Harriet

Re: philly campgrounds

we have stayed in the West Chester KOA - nice park but a bit of a winding road to get there.
it is not really close to Philadelphia but there is a train (AMTRAK) in that can take you right into
the city. also, if you do drive the streets are narrow and crowded and the parking is expensive.
having said that - I love Philadelphia! take the free Purple trolly to all the usual tourist sites - gives
you a good overview of what you might like to see. be sure to include the great Market building
near the civic center. I'm sure the Philly folks will have many more suggestions.

RollingHome

LSPTpr, I live in PA west of Philly, my wife Patti works in Philly goes there everyday. Philly is a city of the first class... not to be confused with a first class city, big difference ! Philly like most other cities in USA has it's ups n downs. I would suggest you stay west of the city as in West Chester KOA or better. You will have to drive so have a usable car or truck to do so or rent one. If you can figure out the rail system let me know, cause I can't... Also, figure all your trips for daylight only... ya don't want to be in Philly after night-fall. You probably will be staying in the West Chester area, consider a day trip to Lancaster PA ( Amish Country) it's half dozen to one 7 to other, both equal in time and travel. In Philly ya need to visit the Reading Terminal, The Franklin Institude and the other various landmarks such as Independance Hall etc. Remember, daylight only trips and you'll be safe. Welcome to PA and please come back :) Ya need any help. hit me back PM. Tom