Camping World Katy

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I recently went to the Camping World in Katy for my last service while under warranty.I LOVE THIS PLACE!!

Their attitude is so much better than my selling dealer from Conroe. I highly recommend CW, but cannot recommend the other dealer simply because of their service.

Delaine and Lindy

I have to agree, I had the chance to deal with the Camping World in Katy Tx. while we were in Houston and they were awesome and very professional. I have used CW's all over the country and have had very good luck with them. I have had W/D's installed there a combo unit and a stackable also. Just last week had a front A/C installed at the CW in Nashville Tennessee. I am very pleased with my dealings with them. I wish than the RV dealerships would let the warranty work be done by CW, I haven't went back to any dealer with the 5th wheels we have owned (4). I think Keystone in Goshen is a terrific RV service center, they really took good care of us. I really hope that Heartland does also, we will find out for sure. Because if they don't, well we know what to do. But from what I understand so for Hearland will get the job done. GBY...

StevieWonder

Camping World in Katy is excellent. They had some changes in the parts department which was a huge stride. I had previously ordered special parts only to see them never ordered or lost somewhere in the parts department. They seemed to have fixed that issue.

Camper World in Conroe is a LOT closer for me. They've done a good job for me and the convenience factor is a big plus for me personally. But I have heard some negatives about them also.

osims

bsims
I will go along with everybody else on this post. We bought an o9 Landmark this week from Camping World in Katy and could not have been treated any better. We dealt with Joe French there, he was a pleasure to do business with. He reads and moniters this forum and knows the Heartland product line very well. This is the second Heartland 5er we have purchased from Camping World in Katy Tx and probably won't be the last.

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
We are planning on going there after all the fantastic reviews I have read, here and other places. Jim Fenner also highly recommended them.

We had almost $5,000 of damage done to our fifth wheel (our oops) and Himself was working 7 days a week, 13 hours a day and we made the big mistake of trying to have someone do the job parked in the campground. Himself had another job coming up so we needed to get out of there right away. Well, the repairs still aren't finished, almost six months later. He missed out on the job because our rig wasn't road worthy in time. The repair guy is a,,, well,,, idiot and we still have to go back there to have our rig finished. Sure wish we had known all of this ahead of time and gone to Katy!!

v92c

Texan
It is obvious that Camping World has had a change in the Service Dept. We bought an 06 Bighorn and warranty work was a nightmare. The camper sat there for months without getting the work done.

After a long period I would call and ask about it, they would say "Oh Yeah it has been done" Then I would go to get it and nothing had been done.

I would not go back there, based on my past experience.

I sincerely hope they did turn it all around.

red4re

I dealt with them on the sales side when looking for our new Sundance. When we finally decided what we wanted, they did not have it. They really tried to just sell me something on the lot and could not understand why I would not buy it. I inquired about ordering a unit and they said 6 - 8 weeks. But this model we have here now and it is pretty close to what you want.

I called a dealer in Seguin Texas and he called Heartland to see what was being built and coming off the line soon. They had the exact model I wanted coming off in 5 days and he snagged it and I picked it up a week after my call.

Neither Camping Wolrd or the dealer in Conroe even suggested that there might be one in progress that was not yet spoken for. Other than lack of trying, I did not have a problem with the sales guy.

red

jfrench

It makes me really sad to hear that both of you had unpleasant experience. We have had growing pains in the past, but that’s no excuse for it. I do feel that the there has been some big strides that have been taken over the past 2 years to improve everything. Now that we have a good ground floor it should only get better from here. Please in the future if something does come up call me. I don’t know it all but I will be willing to help in anyways. Again I’m very sorry and I hope all your future journeys go well. Let me know how I can help and also grow!

v92c

Texan
JFrench
If you are really interested in bridging the gap of some of my bad experiances with Camping World in Katy, I would be willing to let you repair some of the warranty work that was done.

The fan motor for the heater was making a loud noise. They found that the blade housing was rubbing on the fan, so they put a tie wrap on it to pull the housing so it wouldnt rub until the warranty ran out. Of course it started rubbing again. The motor needed to be replaced from the start.

Tony

v92c

Texan
Just a note to let everyone know that Joe French PM'ed me and invited me to bring the camper in to look at it again.

He is trying to correct the problems that the service dept had in the past.

Thanks Tony

dmhamm

Service.

Tony and any else this would pertain to,

Greetings! My name is David Hamm Jr. The shop foreman here at Camping World of Katy. To all of those who complimented us, I sincerely thank you. To the others, I'm terribly sorry to hear that you've had bad experiences with us, and that you had trouble with your unit to begin with. We would be happy to take care of any and all issues your having, and I request to those who were unhappy to please give us another chance to redeem ourselves. As Joe said, we've made huge strides, and I'm enormously proud of the service staff that we've developed. April concludes the most productive month that our service department has put out to date, even while things are slowing around the nation. Come visit us! We'll do our best to make you happy campers!

Thanks again,
David

talley

Camping World Katy- service

Following the Rally at Rayford Crossing I dropped my BH 3655 for wheel bearing pack. Service found that grease seals had failed, and along with my mistake of over-lubrication. Alternatives of repair were discussed and best option was replacing the brake assembly. Kevin in service department coordinated the repair which was completed in a timely manner.

Cost of the repair work was reasonable and all-in-all I was very pleased with the service department. During the course of the repair I had spoken with Kevin, the mechanic and the service manager... all were professional and I felt I had been treated fairly.

Prior to visiting the location for the above service, had met Joe French at the Heartland Rally at Rayford Crossing. It seems that the location is really trying to "put its best foot forward" in recent dealings.None

v92c

Texan
Happy Campers

I went to Camping World in Katy and met with Joe French and Kevin today. They took prompt care of the issues we had with a prior service issue. They have really turned the service deptartment around. It is not like it used to be. I would recommend them as an excellent service center.

Thanks to CW for taking good care of us.

Tony Stewart

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I just picked up our Landmark from Camperland in Conroe Tx. I had several items repaired under warranty. The most serious was the bedroom slide rollers were broken (again). The biggest problem was getting the parts. They told me they ordered the parts and when I checked with Heartland I was told the parts were not ordered. I checked with Camperland and they had proof they faxed in the order. It was just not received by Heartland. When I asked if they followed up a faxed in order with a phone call to confirm the fax was received I was told they did not have time to do that but they email a confirmation. (why dont people talk to one another live anymore?) While I was there the parts were reordered and a confirmation telephone call was made and Susan at Heartland confirmed receipt of the Fax. Once the parts came in the Landmark was repaired promptly and they even found some additional problems which were taken care of. They would not however repair my security monitor and I had to order that from Heartland and change it out myself. I was told they have gotton "burned" on TV repairs in the past and dont do that work under warranty anymore. The propane regulator was not repaired either because they did not have the regulator and said it would not work to repair it anyway. Will I use them again....I hope I don't have to use any repair shop again... I will say they are familar with the Heartland products and know how to repair them.

jsdan

If your looking for for a good hometown dealer for a Bighorn or Sundance try Bailey's RV Sales in Lufkin TX. (about 2hrs. north of Houston) Good people to deal with!

kathyo

Bill & Ornell
We finely sold our houseboat and just ordered out Bighorn 3400RL last week at Camping World.

Joe French worked out a good price for us. Everyone there at Camping World has been nice.
We are staying in the little 17ft trailer that we were in at the first rally. We saw Bill at Camping World when you were getting your Landmark.
Sorry we missed you at this last rally. Maybe we will see you both at the next rally.

We can now say that we are Heartland owners.

Kathy & Warren Feray

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Warren and Kathy,
Glad you're finally going to get your Heartland. We'll be looking forward to seeing you and the new trailer in October!