Garmin RV 760 LMT on Sale

SilverRhino

Received an eMail from GPScity.com announcing a sale on the Garmin RV 760 LMT for $289.95 with free shipping. Looked at it a dozen times, compared with the new 6" version, thought about it and then finally gave in an ordered it! This is the best price I have seen and I really like the features and size of this unit.

Will start putting it to the real test when the wife retires in October........ Guess I can tell her I got it for her as a retirement gift :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes:

buddyboy

Will start putting it to the real test when the wife retires in October........ Guess I can tell her I got it for her as a retirement gift :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes:

Prepare for some disbelief. Paul tried to pass off a new grill for the trailer as a retirement gift for me. Don't think so!

Martha

Garypowell

Thanks for the heads up on this. We have had excellent luck with all our Garmin's but it was time for an upgrade and we can retire our old one to back up and throw out the 10 year old one.

One of my fun stories is that in the early 90's when I think Garmin was just getting started I interviewed with Gary Burell (he is the GAR in Garmin the co founder was Min Kao (sp?)....he is the MIN in Garmin) for the Sales Manager position. Spent 1 1/2 hours with Burell and he was such a gentleman. It got down between me and another person. Gary called a week later and said he decided on the other person. Linda and I often joke "where would Garmin be today if they had hired me?????"

I understand how they have done so well as I have not ever met a more personable executive in my career.

SilverRhino

have you purchased from this site before? how can they sell it so cheap?

I have purchased two GPS units from this site over the years, as well as Ram mounts. Never had any problems with products or service.

As far as the price goes, must be volume sales or some type of special with Garmin????? Crutchfield is selling the same unit for $10 more.

Bones

I have purchased two GPS units from this site over the years, as well as Ram mounts. Never had any problems with products or service.

As far as the price goes, must be volume sales or some type of special with Garmin????? Crutchfield is selling the same unit for $10 more.

Thanks.

SilverRhino

Just checked with GPS City on the Garmin RV 760LMT I ordered....... Status shows that it is back ordered at this time.

Spoke with a customer rep and he informed me that they would be shipping it out tomorrow, as there shipment of 760s was coming in today. Hopefully this information is correct :rolleyes:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I bought my RV760 in Oct. 2013 and I love it. I started a thread that you might be interested in reading.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/42118-Just-Got-My-RV760?highlight=

And I wrote a review for our newsletter which you can download a PDF version. The review starts on page 16.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/47346-2014-Q3-Heartland-Highlights-Club-Newsletter

Dan Mayer is very knowledgeable on the RV760. Maybe he will chime in on this thread also.
I think it is a great GPS...

I also use Garmin's BaseCamp to make my routes and waypoint then upload them to my 760. I keep nothing permanent on my 760. I keep it all in BaseCamp and Upload what I need as I go along. I also keep a set of waypoints for specific areas such as here in McKinney TX, Rockport TX, Locations of friends homes, and RV Parks I like and/or have visited.
https://forums.garmin.com/forumdisplay.php?179-BaseCamp

Join the Garmin Forum and read up on BaseCamp if you're interested..

FWIW
BC

BTW... I also got a discount by sending them my old 465t when I ordered my RV 760. You might see if that is still available....

danemayer

Very happy with the RV 760 LMT. The only problem I've ever had is the occasional map data error. And of course, the map data comes from a supplier used by many GPS brands. So if there's a map data problem, everyone shares it.

Love the Up Ahead function that shows fuel and food coming up on your route.

The RV Park database is excellent. And with RV parks and all 'Where To' functions, you can narrow the results to the route you're on, the area near you, a different city, or your destination.

Guidance is excellent. You get advance visual notice of which lane to be in, and voice warnings when a rapid series of instructions have to be followed. For example, "exit now", "keep left", "take the ramp ahead".

The audio output is louder than the diesel engine and the radio. The brightness of the screen is excellent.

Custom POIs can be downloaded.

The main menu screen can be customized.

Much more.

I just installed the 760 with backup camera on my 37 ft tt and the back video comes and goes. Any help?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

SilverRhino

Gpscity announced this evening that the sale price of $289.99 for the Garmin RV 760 LMT will be extended until Thursday, July 2nd.

They have them in stock now...... Mine shipped out this morning.... Can't wait to try it out!

Garypowell

SilverRhino,

Thanks for the heads up mine arrived today. First impression is I LOVE IT! I am going to be able to move it to the center of the window (down low of course) so both Linda and I can use it. They should call it the Senior Citizen edition.....what a huge screen!

I think the only downer to date is it seems I am going to have to switch over to Base Camp as my trusty of Map Source would not recognize the new unit. Linda and I have thousands of customers mapped in Map Source. Finally figured how to move them over one file at a time.....there seems to be no function in base camp to simply have it "look" at a different folder as you can in Map Source. We have everything organized by state and city so when we visit customers they are easy to pluck out.

Garmin is closed today so I am not going to worry about it until next week. Usually there is an easy way....just can't find it but I know if there is one they will point the way next week. At least I was able to put in the points I need until we get to Anchor Down next week for a month....then more time to talk to them and work through the finer points.

But thanks again Randy!

SilverRhino

Gary...... I also received my 760 today! I have to agree.....what a huge screen....this one looks like it belongs on the dash of the Freightliner!! Took it for a short test run around town in the car just to see it work. We will put it to it's first real test when my wife retires this October and we head out on the road for 6 weeks.

I am finally going to sit down and spend some time and learn how to use Base Camp so I can fully utilize the capabilities of the unit.

Glad you got yours!!

Travel Safe!

dlw930

We used our 760LMT for the first time on our trip to the Goshen rally. It worked like a charm except one time in Little Rock where recent road construction changed the location of an exit on I-30, so can't really blame that on the GPS. I used Base Camp to set my route for the trip and sent waypoints to the 760 for use during the trip. I agree with danemayer about the Up Ahead feature and the lane guidance. I was always using the Up Ahead to look for fuel or meal stops. The lane guidance got me flawlessly from the Nashville KOA to downtown Nashville during rush hour in spite of considerable construction on 40. Anyone who's been through there knows what a mess that is.

I installed the backup camera on my 40 ft 5er, but ordered the 50 ft extension cable from Garmin first. Then I found out the camera was bad and sent it back to Garmin for a replacement. The replacement camera works fine. I hooked the system up directly to the battery since it was easier. I wanted to be able to view the video while driving down the road, not just when backing up. SilverRhino, if you have intermittent video, the problem could be a bad camera or connection between camera and transmitter, but is more likely due to the transmitter location. As I mentioned earlier, I got the extension cable so I could mount the transmitter on the inside front wall of the front storage bay next to the truck. Garmin recommends no more than 45 ft from the transmitter to the GPS Unit. In my case, without the extension I was over that, or at the edge, with an 8 ft bed and crew cab pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk