• Pueblo, Colo June 5-9 2018

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Albuquerque, NM Oct 4-8 2018

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Let me know your thoughts for our FIRST Mountain Regional Rally....
Two states under consideration:
Colorado.....May/June or Sept
Arizona.......Jan/Feb or Oct
I am in the initial stage on two venues for each state and we will plan between 50-75 sites for our first Rally.
All Mountain Region HOC members were sent out an email, respond to my email or post your thoughts here...
By the way...this isn't exclusive to the Mountain Region members....ALL HOC members are invited and I am soliciting your opinions as well.....Lets get some chatter on this subject....While it is a ways off....we need to plan ahead to obtain the number of sites required.
For the Colorado locations I will do a site inspection after the Colorado Rally in Sept at Central City.
The Arizona locations I already know very well.
We have some Exciting times coming up for our Mountain Region and your input is very important.
LETS HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS..

Doublegranch

The emails are starting to come in....Let's post your thoughts on the thread so everyone can read them...
Emails from AZ want Colo....Colo is okay with either state...

Mrsfish

We would love to go to Colorado for the regional rally. Soooo many beautiful places to visit and a neat place for people to gather. I'm with Garry, I hope people come from all over and join us. One of the neatest things about this heartland owners club is the people we get to meet. If it wasn't for this forum, I would not have met a wonderful couple yesterday. Dan and Ann Mayar are just down the way from us! So bring it on, let's make the first Rocky Mountain regional rally one for the record books!

Mrsfish

Oh, and by the way... You've opened the box when you ask me to post. Rick doesn't call me ChattyCathy for nothing!,,

Mrsfish

Ann is super. Dan? Well we couldn't get him to talk at all and getting info out of him was like pulling teeth. But we've got a couple of weeks with them and we'll see if we can't get him out of his shell😜

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We would vote for CO and be willing to share our beautiful state with everyone. Glad to see you will be in Central City Garry

Doublegranch

So.. Gregg...are you now volunteering for the Mountain Regional Rally "RAT" aka "Rally Assist Team" Team?
You will have one under your belt with the Tucson Rodeo Rally.....All help is graciously accepted...

gwalter

LOL, I suppose we could volunteer as of now unless you really overwork us in Tucson. :)

gwalter

Ann and Rick,

It was great meeting the both of you last week. Hope you have a good time in CO.

Gregg

MTPockets

Colorado looks good to us!.... We've been visiting Colorado many times starting back in early 70's... Count us in for whatever. (We'll only be 3 yrs older by then). (So will you all!). (Except maybe Ann)..... BTW Garry, where we goin' in 2020?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Would love to come to Colorado in June, since school will be out by then! September, school's going so a no go. AZ would not be possible the timeframes due to school as well.

For us native Texans, Colorado is our favorite place to visit... so we'll definitely enjoy whatever you plan there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
By 2018 we will be good with either state and at any time. I will be retired and we can go "anytime" . We haven't explored either state.

Kristy

Doublegranch

Colorado looks good to us!.... We've been visiting Colorado many times starting back in early 70's... Count us in for whatever. (We'll only be 3 yrs older by then). (So will you all!). (Except maybe Ann)..... BTW Garry, where we goin' in 2020?

[ Terry,,,,you are really putting the pressure on me...maybe over fireball in Oct we can figure it out/]

rvallen

Garry,
Colorado looks good to us as I am retiring in 2016, and we will be able to travel any where any time.
Thanks Rich and Vicki Allen, Arizona Chapter........

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Colorado gets my first vote for the summer months . . . Arizona first vote if in the winter months!

Doublegranch

Mountain Regional Rally Planning Update:
Hope you will find this information as exciting as I have been over the last few days viewing the site planning areas for this Rally. While I have my choice for which venue to select, this Rally is about you, so I want your input.

We have two great venue's to select from! Either send a response back to me via PM, email or leave your comment for everyone to read on this thread.
The Selection process:
Items I wanted to consider, Venue large enough to serve between 75 - 100 Rigs, Event Room for planning our catering & entertainment. Geographical area serviced by a major road system. Local area population base large enough to pull entertainment and catering from local business.
Extras:
An attempt to plan around a major event to support attendees enjoyment without taking services away from our ability to produce a top quality Rally.

Option one:
Albuquerque Balloon Festival:
Dates: Tentative - Oct 4 -8 2018...check out on the 9th...5 nights
Venue: American RV Resort
Reservations: 75 sites
RV Site Costs: $55.25 night including 15% discount for our group. Regular Balloon Festival Price is $65 night. Off festival price is $36.34.
Event Building: Building on site will hold 137 with table and chair set ups with a flow above that number in the grass ramada in front of the building. For entertainment without the tables and just a chair set up (170 people) so everyone will be comfortable inside based on the plan of 75 sites. Not sure I would want to attempt 100 sites as 200 people in this area may be over crowded and take away from the enjoyment of the event.
Comments:
Balloon Festival is held the first two weekends in Oct every year. Once the Rally dates are set, reservations will be for those dates only. Early and late departures will not be available as the entire city sells out. If you feel 5 nights is not sufficient, suggestions are welcomed. We can make this event longer, I am using 5 nights as a planning guide.
This is a very nice venue, full amenities: pool, laundry, showers, concrete level pads on all sites, all pull thrus, full hook ups, free wifi & Cable, small dog park and children play area. Complimentary Continental Breakfast each morning.
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and the grounds are kept very clean. The Resort is just off I-40, slight traffic noise and approximately 9 miles from the Festival grounds. The Resort will have 3 shuttle busses each morning to take guests to and from the Balloon Festival at a cost of $12 including Admission ticket and $10 for Seniors.

This is the same venue we will be hosting the New Mexico Chapter Rally in May 2016.

Options Two:
Pueblo Colorado -State Fair Grounds
Dates: June 5 - 9 2018...out on the 10th, 5 nights
Venue: Colorado State Fair Grounds
Reservations: 75 - 100 sites
RV Site Costs: $30 night
Events Building: On site and will accommodate our entire group with room to spare. Full stage for entertainment. About a two block walk from the RV Sites to the Events building.
Comments:
This is a very large old and historic facility. It sits on 100 acres with 60 permanent structures. The complex has 113 full hook up sites. The RV full hookup sites are all on blacktop and back in. They have three RV area's and the one used for our Rally is a very large rectangular RV " parking lot" type area holding up to 300 RV's. We will be the only Rally in this area. Part of the center area may be used for Electrical and water but no septic. All full hook up parking will backup next to a block wall behind your RV. So all full hook up sites will run around the outside perimeter of this rectangle with each site 20 ft wide and 40 ft long. Not a real estatically attractive area for RV parking but they have major Rally's all year round here and Good Sam was present with 150 Rigs during the inspection. You tow vehicle will be parked in the center of this area, directly in front of each site. This venue does not offer wifi or cable.
Extras:
Other events in the area during our Rally include the River Walk down town featuring their annual Beer Festival and food court and paddle boat rentals. Walk along the river and taste the different styles of beer and food. Dog friendly Rally environment. Grass areas sprinkled throughout the Fairgrounds.
Fair Ground staff is terrific to work with and willing to assist with any issues.
Of course you have all the site seeing surrounding the Pueblo & Colorado Springs area.

Okay, it is now up to you to express your opinion for our FIRST Mountain Regional Rally.