Portable Inflatable Sailboat

Eagarland

This year we got a Grabner Happy Cat to take camping. This is a 15 foot long, 7ft wide catamaran with a 20ft mast and 124ft2 of total sail (main and jib). The pontoons are inflatable and it all packs into 4 6ft long travel bags (provided with the boat). Grabner is a company in Austria that has been making inflatable boats for decades.

We have had it out 3 times so far and it can really move fast in a stiff breeze. These inflatable catamarans are often seen in warmer Caribbean waters and they have been tested in costal waters so they can handle some waves.

Before purchasing we seriously compared the Grabner Happy Cat to the Minicat 460 Esprit and the Ducky 17 (Ducky 15 has no jib). There are others such as the Tiwal 3.2 which is an inflatable dinghy but is priced the same as the Grabner Happy Cat and much smaller. There is also a Saturn SC430 (but has a single sail) and a Dinghy Go (which is more a rowboat with a single sail). There is an Aquaglide Multisport 4.1 which is essentially a wide windserfer with a single sail (a lower priced alternative to the Tiwal 3.2)

attachment.php

Here are my pictures:
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Packs down into 4 bags: 2 long bags, a small and light bag for the sails and one square stuff sack for the pontoons

Attachments

• IMG_4577.jpg
    IMG_4577.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_3799.JPG (2).jpg
    IMG_3799.JPG (2).jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3727.JPG (2).jpg
    IMG_3727.JPG (2).jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3724.jpg
    IMG_3724.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 179

Diamondjim

Very cool sail boat!
Had a 16' Sidewinder with a roller jib at one time, but the mainsail boom was so low, my DW was unable to duck under it on a tack. My young daughter at the time was my First Mate and was agile enough to duck. Many an hour was spent on the water making memories, (AND getting wet!).;)
I'm jealous.