Anyone Added Storage Under Garage?

I really want to add some storage under the rear of the garage. I was thinking of getting some 3/16 sheets and weld up a box and install it as an underbody box on the rear. Has anyone added more storage under the garage.

porthole

Retired
Lippert makes several versions of two different size under chassis storage bins.

The overall length of the framework is different between TH's and non TH's. Roughly 99" or 96"

3 versions for toy haulers, 27" long bins, with and without a spare tire carrier, and 48" long bins.
IIRC they only make one version for non toy haulers, and that is with 27" bins.

Here is the short and long version on our Cyclone. The short version with the spare tire carrier use be standard equipment. But one of the upgrades not long after we got ours was the elimination of these very handy bins.

Lipperts under chassis storage bins

I would not order them from Lippert, they only truck freight them.
Amazon lists them frequently with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=lippert+storage+bins

I will be selling the parts I did not use now, which would make a set for a toy hauler or standard trailer for someone that can cut and weld.

I did find those online but was really wanting something that I could pull out from the rear under the garage door that was deeper than 8" I looked at packrats but as expensive as those are I could build a setup way cheaper. Does anyone have pictures of the lippert installed on their TH?

porthole

Retired
I did find those online but was really wanting something that I could pull out from the rear under the garage door that was deeper than 8" I looked at packrats but as expensive as those are I could build a setup way cheaper. Does anyone have pictures of the lippert installed on their TH?

Pictures, yes, in my post above, linked.

Theses boxes are approximately 9" tall. I f you look at the picture of mine, the rear set just clears my driveway mounted where they are.
8" directly under the garage door will have clearance issues,

DeeDub

I have the slide storage boxes on my 3795. Work great for storing my sewer hoses and on the other side i store my wheel chocks.