replacement of door window

ceegee

Perhaps this has been addressed before but can't find info. It bothers me that when someone is knocking at my door, I can't see who it is unless I open it. I would like to replace the window with a see-through type. Anyone done this or anything similar? We have a 3055 BigHorn.None

Last edited:

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Check out this thread. Maybe you can contact them and find out more info.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=4599&page=2

Fred

Uncle Rog

We put in a clear piece of glass and what a difference...........
The hardware store had one in stock!
The clerk literally took the obscure sample to the back of the store and brought the new piece back............
It is like adding a new window............

jammaw08

Ceegee, we replaced our door window with tinted glass. I love it because I can see out now and it really opened up that side of the camper.

jimtoo

kakampers, where did you get the stained glass? I have looked around and have not found anything in my area close to the right size.
Thanks

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I got it in Palm Springs, CA. A guy named Alex Jordon, owns a shop in Palm Desert.

Makes them to size for the windows, since they have so many RV'ers. Took it right off the shelf and fit right in. His Cell# is 619-726-8649. He also has a booth at the College of the Desert Street Fair each weekend during the winter, that's where I got mine.

Will make any design you want, and is work is gorgeous!

truknutt

Committed Member
v92c had this post back in December with a link to a stained glass artist for those interested but not close to one of the aforementioned vendors.

Her Area Code is listed as 361 (S. Texas-Corpus Christi area) for location's sake.

They really can be a beautiful addition, can't they?