What Me Worry?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This is what happens when you ignore a slight skin discoloration for a bit too long. Basal cell carcinoma removed (they got all of it) yesterday. That big bandage glob comes off tomorrow morning, so I won't have to hold my glasses to focus them. The stitches come out Thursday.

buddyboy

Always use sun block and wear a hat - even when it's cloudy or it's winter. (I wear sunblock every single day as does Paul) And see a dermatologist regularly.

Glad the nasty is gone.

jimtoo

Now why would you want to use sunscreen when you can look like this for a couple of months?? :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• CCI00039.jpg
    CCI00039.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 226

JohnDar

Always use sun block and wear a hat - even when it's cloudy or it's winter. (I wear sunblock every single day as does Paul) And see a dermatologist regularly.

Glad the nasty is gone.

I normally wear a hat of some type (and sunscreen in the summer). Unfortunately, the spot was below what's covered by a ball cap. My glass frame crosses it. Of late, I wear a broad brimmed "Tilley" hat out in the sun, especially when out on the lakes.

Winter around here, a knit cap and hood are standard wear while outside for any length of time.

buddyboy

Had a dear, dear friend who had melanoma. I'd used sunscreen or sunblock only during the summer. Chuck reminded us that the sun shines in the winter also. Might not be as intense, but UV rays are there nonetheless. Just saying.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Welcome to the Cancer Survivor club. God is good and He is the Master Healer. We shall keep you in our prayers.

JohnDar

Thanks fir the well wishes. Finally took that Maxi-pad off the side of my head so I can wear my glasses so they work. Not quite what Jimtoo showed, but more than I was expecting based on the original spot.
720a42388a873e411632407186ccdef0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlw930

Glad you both got things taken care of and pass on the good preventative info. But, sometimes sunscreen and hats don't help. Two years ago I had a place removed from "where the sun don't shine" and it turned out to be Stage 3 precancerous melanoma. Advice: get screened by a dermatologist at least once a year, more often if you have issues. They know what to look for.

JohnDar

Yep, I get a physical every year. Now the dermatologist is part of the plan, along with the gastro doc and the dentist. Opthamologist is part of the crew, too. Just put me up on a hoist and have at it!

Lance & Jo

Must be going around, got one removed couple weeks ago and should get the "good to go" pass from the doc tomorrow then off to your part of the world where I here it's a little cooler.

JohnDar

It's fairly comfortable around here. We're packing up right now to head up to our rig for a spell.

Lynn1130

Been there too. And while I use sunblock and hats to keep the sun off (in Arizona yet) it really is punishment for things that we did many years ago such as all day at the lake in the boat, laying out to get a tan in Mexico, and Arizona, or many hours on the tractor in the Summer with no hat or skin protection. Having a hole dug in your face, under the eye and all the way to bone can wake you up a little. Lucky it was Basal Cell and not something worse and that I had a great plastic surgeon but it causes pause.

Good luck and keep the sunscreen lathered on.