Broken power recliner

gbagamer

My power recliner has stuck in the open position. The light for the cup holder works, the heat function work, massage works, but when we press open or close I hear a click under and no movement. Has anyone had this issue? Is it a bad motor?

rdufek

Had the same thing happen to us right after we brought our 3750FL home. If you look under the foot rest where the arms go into the recliner while someone hits the down button you will see where one of the elbows is binding up against the frame. Where it is binding up just bend it in a little, not hard to do, so it clears the frame and that should solve your problem. If you need pictures let me know, I can do tomorrow.

Bob and Valerie

Same thing in my new 3750FL. On the right side recliner, if no one is sitting in it then it will work. If someone is sitting in it then it won't. The left side was working fine and then just quit one day. Just click...click....click no matter what.

GOTTOYS

Sounds to me like a problem with another cheap flashy gadget that isn't needed. Why can't they just install some good quality manual recliners or at least offer them as an option. Are all these bells and whistles really something we need?..Don

Cands

I have an Oakmont R345 that I purchased a couple of months ago. Four days after having it, the powere rd liner quit. The unit, in order to work as it quits for no apparent reason, is that apparently it has to be reset. What that entails is getting behind it, finding the little black box underneath, pulling a plug out of the round hole, then plugging it back in. Nuts, huh? Not real impressed with that setup, but hey, it's now my problem. Nice design flaw.

danemayer

I have an Oakmont R345 that I purchased a couple of months ago. Four days after having it, the powere rd liner quit. The unit, in order to work as it quits for no apparent reason, is that apparently it has to be reset. What that entails is getting behind it, finding the little black box underneath, pulling a plug out of the round hole, then plugging it back in. Nuts, huh? Not real impressed with that setup, but hey, it's now my problem. Nice design flaw.

Hi Cands,

Are you the original owner of the trailer? If you purchased it new a couple of months ago, this should be covered under warranty and your dealer can take care of it for you.

If you're not the original owner, you might call the furniture manufacturer/distributor to see if they will correct things for you. There may be a manufacturer label on the back or underside. If not, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to get you manufacturer information.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We had the same problem this past winter and Lippert replaced the motor under warranty. Doug

Cands

Yes, I purchased it new. However, having the guy come out each and every time it hiccups is more irritating than me crawling on my belly to mess with the motors and resetting them. I suppose, though, that at some point, I'll get tired of that and then make them come out and replace it.