ATF: ElkRidge - REAR HITCH

PYRoss1

Can I add a hitch to the rear of my 2014 elkridge E29 express to pull a golf cart? If so how much weight can be pulled?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Lippert makes the frames to spec from Heartland. Heartland is not interested in making 5vers capable of towing behind, so I would assume it's not built to do so. However, many folks probably do add a hitch and tow. Not sure you will be able to get help from Heartland or Lippert if later, down the road, you have frame flex or stress cracks or running gear or pin box issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
FYI - A couple of years ago we were getting out rig frame repaired at the factory (previous 5er) when they were looking at another unit.
As soon as they saw a hitch had been added to the rear of the other unit I heard the Lippert tech say the frame was modified and they would not authorize the repair under warranty. On the other hand DRV (Mobile - Elite Suites) gets their frames from Lippert and it is made with a 2" receiver hitch on the rear. The Heartland Lippert frames are not speced for rear towing.