Olevia TV Not Working

navyAZ1

Olevia TV has quit working last night you can turn it on and in just a few seconds picture goes black sound stays but then it goes away also but the TV does not power off. I know the booster and antenna are working as our other TV in the bedroom is still working. Any ideas?:confused:

jbeletti

Try another input on the TV. Maybe the composite A/V input. Run the DVD A/V to it. If that's the input you are using and it's not working AND if you are no longer able to get TV (from the antenna) signals to work from the tuner, then sounds like it "may" be a gonna.

After your test, consider calling Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032

Mine has done that several times. I unplug from 120vac outlet - wait at least 60 seconds and then plug back in to 120vAC outlet. This will re-boot TV and it has worked for mine in the past.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Olevia TV

Mine has done that several times. I unplug from 120vac outlet - wait at least 60 seconds and then plug back in to 120vAC outlet. This will re-boot TV and it has worked for mine in the past.

Ditto!:D Same has happened to me!

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Since this thread has started. Does anyone have a secret as to an easy way of tuning the Olevia from cable to satellite and back without having to go thru all the process that I have to or is it just me. The Olevia is the most complicated TV that I've ever seen. I have a Visio at home and it's the easiest I've seen.
Ok that's all the griping I'm going to do.
Bill

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I don't know if this is what your talking about, but I will give it a shot.

We have the Olevia 42" TV in the back of the trailer. The dealer plugged in a cable to the TV for the Directv receiver, which has the (White, Red, Yellow) phono plugs. I plug the W R Y cables into the output ports of the DT receiver. This cable is plugged into the Composite1 input to the Olevia TV.

I raise the roof outdoor antenna (Air). On the remote I press the Source button until the TV screen shows Air/Cable. If you plug in the Shore Cable you have to turn off the booster in the bed room to watch the cable, leave the booster on to watch the local air stations. I find the clearest station (booster on) on the air antenna. Select menu on the remote. Find the menu selection to search for channels air and then cable. You will find a lot of digital channels over the air and some of the analog channels. It will also find the all the cable channels.

Now if your satellite receiver is connected to Composite1 input of the TV all you have to do is press the source button one time. Align your satellite dish to get your picture.

Now if you want to see something on the over the air antenna, say local news, just press the channel button up or down, or press a number key, like 5. This will automatically take you to the air/cable input. If you want to go back to the satellite, press the Source button once and you are back watching the SiFi channel or what ever.

If you want to know which input your watching. press the Display button on the remote. If it says Composite1 your on the satellite and if it says Air or Cable your on the Shore cable or over the air antenna.

Ok.. wait one minute.. I have to catch my breath.. ... ... ...
Sorry about being long winded...LOL

That is what I do..

Anyone else have an idea.

I plan to install a second Directv receiver (I kept the second one I had in my Sticks & Bricks) in the bedroom. A friend went to Radio Shack and got a satellite splitter (it passes the voltage needed by the receiver) and send the signal from the dish antenna to the bedroom tv from the entertainment center. If this does not work I will add my 2 LNB heads to the dish and use a couple of diplexers and connect one coax to the satellite input in the basement. Connect the other diplexer in the Entertainment cabinet to send a signal to each receiver input.

This is my future project.. I will try to let you know if it turns out well.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I just got the HD motosat satellite dish and direct tv for both my Olevia 42" in the LR and 19" Jensen in my BR. The technician couldn't get the direct tv remote to recognize the Olevia so I have to use the Olevia remote to turn on the tv and for volume and the direct remote for all else. When I want to use the surround sound for the Olevia I have to set it on HDMI 2, and if I just want to use the TV sound as the DW is sleeping, I have to turn off the Samsung DVD/FM Tuner. Anyone know the remote code for the Olevia for direct TV? Also have the dvr receiver in LR and just the receiver in BR.

navyAZ1

Try another input on the TV. Maybe the composite A/V input. Run the DVD A/V to it. If that's the input you are using and it's not working AND if you are no longer able to get TV (from the antenna) signals to work from the tuner, then sounds like it "may" be a gonna.

After your test, consider calling Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032

Well I didn't get back to this in time to check it but on our way home we stopped by the dealer and they plugged it in and tested the TV and it was the same thing so they will replace it and just in time as I only have 2 weeks left on the warranty.:D

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I just got the HD motosat satellite dish and direct tv for both my Olevia 42" in the LR and 19" Jensen in my BR. The technician couldn't get the direct tv remote to recognize the Olevia so I have to use the Olevia remote to turn on the tv and for volume and the direct remote for all else. When I want to use the surround sound for the Olevia I have to set it on HDMI 2, and if I just want to use the TV sound as the DW is sleeping, I have to turn off the Samsung DVD/FM Tuner. Anyone know the remote code for the Olevia for direct TV? Also have the dvr receiver in LR and just the receiver in BR.

Check out this thread, it has the code and the model remote that it works on.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=4328

Fred