Cyclone 4200 Modifications begin here

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Duane's impatient. He had half his trailer modified before he got it home from the dealer!

OEFVET

The Modifications begin here with a MORryde 21K pin box.

Attachments

• DSC_0048.jpg
    DSC_0048.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC_0047.jpg
    DSC_0047.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 228

jam20ster

OEFVET

I am very interested in your experience on the MORryde pin box. This is definitely at the top of the mod list and would like to hear about your likes/dislikes.

OEFVET

I am very happy with the pin box. It has eliminated any and all chucking. I have it matched with a Trailer Saver TS3 hitch. They work very well together.

Sniper

Installing a MORryde pin box is quickly moving up my list. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Did you install it yourself? I wonder if my pin box cover would install back over it.

OEFVET

I had the dealer install because the dealer agreed to no labor charges. I have been told it will not work with pin box covers. However I never verified this.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Will not work with pin box covers on any unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OEFVET

Power Reel

Modifications continue with a Shoreline CL50D02L-SR power reel.

Attachments

• DSC_0046.jpg
    DSC_0046.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 368
  • 00020029.jpg
    00020029.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 333

OEFVET

Goodyear G114 Tires

Modifications continue with Goodyear G114 H rated tires. It caused me to get new 17.5 wheels but in my opinion it is well worth the money. The tires and wheels are about 50lbs heavier per tire then the towmax tires. I now have piece of mind.

Attachments

• DSC_0050.jpg
    DSC_0050.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC_0051.jpg
    DSC_0051.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC_0049.jpg
    DSC_0049.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 190

cdensomnia

Since you mentioned the towmax tires i assume you came from those? Curious if you considered the g rated goodyears or you just wanted more peace of mind? I bought my trailer with the goodyear g rated tires.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

OEFVET

Considered but I had heard of some failures with the Goodyear G614's. If I'm striving for piece of mind, the Goodyear G114's were the clear choice.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Installing a MORryde pin box is quickly moving up my list. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Did you install it yourself? I wonder if my pin box cover would install back over it.

Had mine dealer installed. Pin box cover is on the shelf in my garage. Cannot be used with upgraded pin box.
We really like its performance. Sure helped with the frost heaved roads in the Yukon enroute to Alaska.

Currently in Talkeenta AK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OEFVET

Fueling Station

Modifications continue here with an upgraded fuel nozzle for the fueling station.

Attachments

• DSC_0044.jpg
    DSC_0044.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 266
  • DSC_0043.jpg
    DSC_0043.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC_0042.jpg
    DSC_0042.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 209

OEFVET

Re: Fueling Station

The original nozzle that came with it was pitted and was stuck in the closed position. After trying to get it to work and having no success I decided to upgrade the nozzle. The new nozzle is a much better quality. It also has a swivel adapter so the hose will not get tangled. The parts can be purchased at Northern tools or Tractor Supply. The nozzle and swivel adapter can be purchased for under $100. If considering this mod be sure to get the gasoline pipe thread paste to ensure no leaks.

Last edited:

OEFVET

Lippert Aluminum Quad Step

Modifications continue here with Lippert's new aluminum quad steps for both doors. It was a very simple installation with NO need to cut the J-rap as indicated by Lippert. Steps are very sturdy and lighter then the original steps.

Attachments

• DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC_0033.jpg
    DSC_0033.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 231