ATF: Road Warrior - Bedroom Slider opens during storage

We have a new 2015 RW305 with the auto-leveling system. During storage of our unit, the bedroom slider opens, sometimes a few inches, other times, almost full open. During storage, we use the battery cut-off switch to secure power to the unit. I am under the impression that this has something to do with the hydro system for the slider and gear. I feel that there should be a check valve inline to maintain pressure, but I am unfamiliar with the system. I did discover a lever on what appears to be a valve or mixing unit in the right side propane bay. Without any direction, or label on the component, this time we secured the unit, I rotated the lever 90 degrees, in hope that this is a manual check valve to lock the pressure to prevent bleed off, and will keep the slider in.
If anyone can steer me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

jimtoo

Hi Hilojockey,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other Road Warrior owners will jump in soon with some info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If your bedroom slide is hydraulically activated and no other slides have that problem, it sounds like you may have a faulty hydraulic ram cylinder.
What may be happening inside that cylinder is that there is an internal leak. That allows the pressure that is supposed to hold the slide closed to leak over to the side that extends the slide.
So in effect there is no longer pressure there to hold the slide closed.
There is a method for testing that cylinder.
If you dealer doesn't know how to test, show him THIS.

Peace
Dave

Dave,
Thank you for the information, our RW305 is a 2015 purchased in Sep. of 2014, I would take it to the dealer, but unfortunately we are moving across the state in two days, guess I will have to take care of this post move. I assume since the unit is still with in the 1 year warranty period, that any authorized dealer would be able to check and or service under warranty.
Again, thank you for the information!
Rick

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
It sounds to me like a faulty ram cylinder please call Heartland service (574) 266-8726 and they can help get you set up with a dealer that is close to you.

thanks,

AJ