ATF: Landmark - Roof Inspection

EPaulikonis

I'm seeking confirmation that I do have an EPDM rubber roof membrane on the 2015 Savannah. I want to make sure I use the right products when the time comes to do any maintenance or repairs.

I see that others have noted "bubbles" in the membrane are not cause for concern; is this a true statement? I have at least two areas where larger bubbles are visible from my last inspection conducted just yesterday.

If nothing else is required to deal with the "bubbles" at this time, I'd like to request that HL service annotate the issue against the VIN in the event it becomes more problematic in the next few months.

danemayer

I'd like to request that HL service annotate the issue against the VIN in the event it becomes more problematic in the next few months.

ATF isn't going to get this done. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

EPaulikonis

ATF isn't going to get this done. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Thanks for the reminder...I did contact Customer Service shortly as I was crafting the post to have something annotated in the file for the VIN. More curious to hear back on the type of membrane and follow-up on "bubbles" being an issue or not. The customer service representative did a fantastic job explaining why they appear and what to look for as time goes by. Now just need a rep to echo the message for all to benefit in the forums.

danemayer

Eric,

I've never seen a Heartland Rep get into a service discussion publicly on the forum.

I believe your roof is a Dicor EPDM roof as I think that's the only type that Heartland is using. The customer service rep you spoke with probably already told you that.

Your blue pouch of documents likely came with a sheet about the roof material and warranty. You can also visit the Dicor site for more info. We also have a Dicor maintenance and care guide located here.

As for educating others about bubbles, there have been a number of previous threads on this topic. Here's one from last year.

EPaulikonis

I've combed through all the documents we received...actually have two separate books that are kept in the camper to reference all the manuals and to keep track of all the other loose paperwork. Don't recall seeing anything on roofing material, but there is a warranty document.

I do have a copy of the Dicor maintenance and care guide downloaded and in the books. I use that section of the site quite frequently. I really like the HUG section and I reference many of the other sources frequently to learn and share with others on the forums.

Thread you pointed me to was the one I was referring to in the original post. See that many owners didn't seem to feel it was a problem, so I was hopeful the factory would chime in with confirmation. Regardless of any additional explanation here, the customer care rep did tell me on the phone that it was not a big deal and that I should keep an eye on them in the future for increasing size or number and obviously any water penetration. Cause is most likely off-gassing working through roof materials and getting trapped by membrane. More likely to be noticed during the hotter months when gases expand.

Just went through a real frog strangler here in OH, so no water leaking...ALL GOODNESS!