Door side wheel well trim piece has the sticker "Wide Track"

fdajnowicz

What do I need to do to replace the door side wheel trim piece. Is this something that needs to be purchased through the dealer? I have a 2013 North Trail 22FBS Vin # 5SFNB2926DE251675.

The area around each mounting screw is cracked and I would like to replace it before I leave it on the side of the road.

Frank Dajnowicz

attachment.php

Attachments

• Trailer wheel trim.JPG
    Trailer wheel trim.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 168

GOTTOYS

If it was mine and there was room for it, I would place a small stainless flat washer under each screw and call it good. Be careful to just barely tighten the screws.....Don

danemayer

You can get a replacement from Heartland.

Another approach is to remove the one with cracks and apply a semi-solid epoxy behind the screw holes, covering the cracks. Poke the screw hole before the epoxy sets.

If the cracks look bad, the epoxy will keep you from losing the damaged one while waiting for the new one. I would put epoxy on the new one before mounting it.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Door side wheel well trim piece has the sticker "Wide Track"

My fender cracked so I cleaned the underside and applied some gorilla tape. I picked up a replacement when we were in Elkhart touring the plant in April. Crack has not worsened so I'm still hauling around the new one !!!!

Currently in Talkeetna Ak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Re: Door side wheel well trim piece has the sticker "Wide Track"

I think I have read on this forum that some have put rubber washers behind them to help reduce the stress on the screw. Of course this is a preventive measure, not for after they are cracked.

dewwood

I have had a similar problem and had one skirt replaced at the rally this year and requested they put a brace in the middle to help keep it from flapping so much. So far it looks like this will help keep it from cracking the new skirt. I had noticed when travelling those skirts flap a lot so it is no wonder they crack out at the screw holes. Bracing hopefully will help reduce that. I had them put a brace on both sides while they were there.

fdajnowicz

I think I have a permanent fix for the flexing of the wheel skirt. I filled the cracks with hot melt glue on both sides. this seems to be a good temp fix. I took the hint from Dewwood and put in some bracing. I had some scrap aluminum from a siding job and cut 2 pieces where they were like 3/4" angle iron. Attached one end to the frame and the other to the bottom edge of the skirt. This really stiffened the skirt, no flex.

Frank

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1146.jpg
    IMG_1146.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 40