Mounting to wall?

oreo4772

What is the best way to hang items onto the wall of my Heartland Sundance 265R without using the sticky backing. Should I drill hole install anchor and screw or is it better to use the rivet method. I seen a video of using rivets on the wall when I seen someone installing a vacuum system box to the wall. Just not sure what is the best way to go about it. Any information would be helpful Thanks.

Joe

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
What is the best way to hang items onto the wall of my Heartland Sundance 265R without using the sticky backing. Should I drill hole install anchor and screw or is it better to use the rivet method. I seen a video of using rivets on the wall when I seen someone installing a vacuum system box to the wall. Just not sure what is the best way to go about it. Any information would be helpful Thanks.

Joe

I've used plastic wall anchors for things that are light weight and won't get yanked on too much. Look for ones made for thin wall material that are about 1" long. I mounted our towel ring in the bathroom with one and it's been there going on 7 summers.

oreo4772

I've used plastic wall anchors for things that are light weight and won't get yanked on too much. Look for ones made for thin wall material that are about 1" long. I mounted our towel ring in the bathroom with one and it's been there going on 7 summers.

Thanks for the reply, I will also see if I get any more idea's.

Bighurt

I just used fine pitch deep thread wood screws to put in a couple of hooks in the stair well of our sundance. They were only designed for one coat and the 2 screws alone did a good job of holding the hook to the paneling. A wall anchor maybe better but its really just the paneling you need to grab which is fairly thin.

'Lil Guy'

Those removable sticky backs will hold a lot. They have the pull tab to remove and no holes. They work great. I've also hung up a metal key holder in our entrance and used small wood screws. I just drilled a smaller pilot hole first and don't over tighten them.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We don't want to risk damaging the walls or what's inside of them so we use the Command strips. They have done very well hanging pictures, etc throughout the coach. I even use the Command hooks in the bathroom for hanging the towels. If you don't like the placement or, in our case, trade, you don't have damage walls.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We used the Command hooks all over the place in our Trail Runner . . . so I removed them all so we could use them in our new Prowler.

But only one of them stayed up . . . all of the rest fell down, including one in the bathroom that actally pulled the wallpaper into a bubble on the wall!

Don't know why they won't stick in the new trailer . . . but we are researching other alternatives.

While camping this past weekend we went into a Home Depot in Cheyenne, Wyoming (on July 4th.) and found some over-the-door hooks that fit good over the top of the shower walls to hang towels.

And we picked up a couple of suction cup hooks at Walmart to hang the loofah and squeegee on the glass inside the shower.

justafordguy

I'm really surprised that the command strips wouldn't hold in the Prowler.:confused: We used them in our Pioneer and are using them in our Gateway and they are working great.