Heartland people the best around

Possum51

My husband and I are in the middle of a 3 month vacation. After we left the Goshen rally we have broken down a couple of times and Heartlanders have come to our rescue both times! The first time was a few days after leaving Goshen. We were in a Walmart parking lot when the trailer broke down in Delton Wisconsin. After sitting there for 2 or 3 hours waiting for the RV mobile tech to arrive up comes a pickup with Terry Spencer, the Wisconsin chapter leader. He stopped to see if he could help us. We told him that we were ok and waiting for a tech but he kept coming back to check on us a total of 3 times. Also another Heartlander saw us and stopped to check on us, he was from Canada his name was Don Ewart. The trailer was fixed that evening so we stayed in a park down the street with our new friends.

Pat and I have been making our way across the states so we can make the Washington and Oregon rallies. We were so excited to be soooo close, only 106 miles away (and a few days early) to the first rally in Washington when this time the truck broke down this time! The truck is going to take 2 weeks to fix so to my disappointment I had to contact Rod Dietrich (Washington chapter leader) and tell him we couldn't make it. To my amazement Rod has volunteered to come 4 hours from his home, pick up my trailer and take it to the park. Then of course he has to go home and pick up his trailer and travel back to the park!

Pat and I can't express enough how thankful we are to belong to such a wonderful group of people.

dlw930

Breakdowns can be so frustrating and disappointing! In the relatively short time I've been RVing we, fortunately, haven't experienced anything like you have, but I know our time will come, probably when we least expect it. We have only been HOC members a little more than a year, but from the people, like Pat and you, that we've met, I'm not surprised how Heartlanders have come to your rescue. I love this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Pat, I told you to take those heavy horns off of the grill. You're blocking the air to the radiator.lol Hey, glad you've got everything under control and kudos to the Heartland family. Hope to see you and Elaine again at the rallies in Texas this fall. Are you taking Elsie with you? Hey, enjoy your trip and see you down the road.

happykraut

I guess this is a good thread to brag about our Heartland family. We were at the Goshen rally when I kept feeling worser and worser the week before the rally. That Sunday two of our Heartland friends took me to the emergency room in Elkhart where they kept me. My blood pressure was 73/38, my kidneys were shutting down and my potassium level was sky high. The next evening they transported my by ambulance to Barnes hospital in St.Louis. Four Heartlanders took my wife, truck and BH back to St.Louis and then turned right around and drove back to the rally in one of their own trucks. Several others helped break camp and dump. Judi and I are so thankful that we belong to such a close knit organization. Thanks again Heartlanders.

jllburns

We are new to Heartland. What a wonderful community full of caring people.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
You'll never meet a better bunch of folks!

While on our way to the Quartszite, AZ HOC Rally last January (2015) we had a wheel bearing burnout on our previous Heartland Trail Runner as we were passing through Phoenix and two hours away from the rally.

We limped our way to a close by RV dealership, but it was too late in the day to get it fixed.

Luckily for us, there was an RV park right next door to the dealership, so we set up camp there for the night.

We called Garry (Doublegranch), the AZ Chapter Leader and now also the new Mountain Region Leader) and 8amps (Phil and Mary from Colorado, who were also there at the AZ rally), to let them know that we would probably be a day or two late to the rally as we were stuck in Phoenix waiting to get the trailer fixed.

They offered us the option of staying in their trailers with them until our trailer was done, which we considered, but since we had three cats with us and they both had dogs, we decided to give the repair shop one day to fix the trailer, and if it took longer we would have taken them up on their offers!

Sun City RV in Mesa, AZ got us back on the road right at sunset the next day, so we only missed one night of the rally!

Hanging low next door to the repair shop (notice the front trailer tire leaning in at the top):

attachment.php

Us getting ready to roll west out of Phoenix at sunset the next day:

attachment.php

Attachments

• SunCityRV-RVPark-IMG_20150122_075627618.jpg
    SunCityRV-RVPark-IMG_20150122_075627618.jpg
    574.8 KB · Views: 85
  • SunCityRV-IMG_20150122_173556536.jpg
    SunCityRV-IMG_20150122_173556536.jpg
    583.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited: