Furniture Straps

Redrider007

Just wondering if most people keep or remove the furniture straps. To me it looks pretty tacky having the straps there when camping. They don't seem to provide much security.

AAdams

The only straps we have are for the 2 dining chairs. The chairs are strapped to the floor in the living room when traveling. We remove the straps and store in one of the chairs.

pegmikef

We don't use them, but we do position the recliners back to back and use a blanket and cargo strap to strap them together to keep them from rocking back and forth and possibly rubbing on the wall. Blanket is to keep the leather from chafing the leather from the strap or each other (we replaced the OEM recliners with leather ones).

Birchwood

We strap the dining chairs and recliners and hide the straps when sitting.I think they are required as the furniture does move around considerably even with the straps.

rxbristol

We've never used straps on either of our fivers. Never had anything move. We did use them on the A-Class.

Westwind

I use the straps for the recliners, with towels to keep straps from rubbing on our fake leather and on the 4 kitchen chairs. We have hit to many bumps that have put the FW rolling around in my mirror. I would much rather go through the few minutes of strapping them down then dealing with wall scrapes or woodwork scratched or dented after the fact. I keep the straps in the chair bottoms along with the towels. I did remove the screws for the table so we can move it around and that seems to stay put held by the chairs.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Never use mine anymore. Used to use the one for the recliners, but it broke over a year ago and I've never bothered to replace it.

dalspot

We have never used the sofa one - took it out like on day 2 I think. We have the Euro chairs with the footstools and find the back of the camper to quite bouncy, so we do strap those. Have a table inbetween now, so we put an afghan over the table to protect the back of the recliners from the wood corners of the table. The dining table never sat in the middle of the space so we un-attached it from the floor and never reattatched it so we can move it as needed. Sometimes it will move a little bit. Once in a really hard brake, it tipped at an angle. Dining chairs I do strap down, and just leave the straps attached to the floor. Same with the recliners. We don't usually stay more than a few nights, so it's not worth taking them up.