Forum Software updated - changes?

danemayer

porthole

Retired
OK, this is a new feature.

I just made this post about SAT antennas.

From the time I started answering to the time I posted, the OP added another question.

I clicked on "quote" to answer his 2nd question. But, when I saved it, my first answer was "updated"

porthole

Retired
So - how do we not do multiple replies in a single post when not wanted?

Adding to my And so it begins thread and I can't make a separate post for separate mods.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
This seems to be a new feature . . .

It just started doing this for me a month or so ago.

Now, there was another new feature that started a couple of months ago . . . but seems to have gone away!

When posting pictures in the topic threads, it also made them large in the post instead of little thumbnails that need to be clicked on.

That feature went away about the same time this double posting thing started!

Wish that one would come back . . .

jbeletti

The last forum update fixed the image issue. John - inline images are supposed to be "initially" inserted as thumbnails. This is how it's always been until it broke a month ago. When you insert an image, you may always click on the image and select a larger size.

Duane - in terms of quoting, multi-quoting... I don't have an answer. I've asked Michael Kidd to look into it and comment in this thread about it.

linuxkidd

Hello all,
The feature is called 'Double Post Check'. Common forum etiquette across the web frowns on posting multiple responses in a row, so this feature monitors for such activity within a10 minute window and automatically combines the posts. This combining helps the visual flow of the thread by eliminating extra instances of signatures and post headers (especially useful when people have many line signatures).

It *should* not combine posts if someone else posted after your first post, thus preventing any thread out of sequence issues.

Thanks,
LK