ATF: ElkRidge - Fresh water

KARRON

We have a leak some where between the fill line and the fresh water tank. When we try to fill the fresh water tank, it runs out of the belly pan off the grey water pipes on the outside and none ever reaches the fresh water tank. We need to know the best way to find the leak. Hooking up to city water there is no leaks.

olcoon

I don't know, but possibly it could be coming from the overflow on the FW tank. How much water is coming out? A lot, or just a couple of gallons?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You will need to drop the underbelly on the ODS, hook up to water and look for the leak. Best I can tell you.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Open up the basement wall and see if a line has become disconnected. You should be able to trace the incoming water line for part of the distance to the fresh tank. If you don't find the problem there, you'll have to drop the coraplast.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Gus has a good point. There might be a kink in the fill hose behind the UCD. I checked mine many years ago and found is kinked in that area. I removed the hose and pulled about 3' of extra hose out, cut it off, and reattached to the fitting.

olcoon

One more thought, have you used the fresh water tank before? The tank drain may be open, on our Elk Ridge it's in front of the tires on the off door side, & when it drains it goes onto the grey tank pipes.