ladder for 2010 Heartland Road Warrior?

myla296

Hello...I'm coming out the gates of RV ownership (will take delivery next week) asking about the ladder (I have a guy who will do the roof with Rhino treatment so...I want to be helpful). Currently, it does not have a ladder at all. I can afford to buy one, but I can't seem to figure out where to order one...or...are the emergency style ones okay? (since I could use a long pole to hook the hooks to the existing rung that is up there...)

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

jimtoo

I think you would be better to just go to Home Depot, Lowes or where ever and buy a regular extension ladder that would let you reach the roof safely. About 16' should do it and it would probably fit in the basement. It would be stronger and safer.

My 2 cents.

Jim M

myla296

...buy a regular extension ladder ... It would be stronger and safer.

My 2 cents.

Jim M

Your 2 cents is more like a dollar to me :) (and you're not the first person to say what you did so...yeah, I'll start shopping for one :)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The ladder will be a personal choice. I would do so serious investigation on Rhino lining before your spray it on a new roof. Besides voiding the roof warranty (10 years) the only care these roofs need is. Washing with Dawn dish soap and inspecting the caulking every 3 months or so. There was a thread about this a week ago or so and if I remember correctly...it would about 300# to the trailer. JMHO, I don't thinks it's a good idea.

myla296

Besides voiding the roof warranty (10 years) the only care these roofs need is. Washing with Dawn dish soap and inspecting the caulking every 3 months or so.

Thanks for the heads up..the roof has been violated already...it has patches and the water damage is detectable at a couple of spots inside. I regret right now not taking the picture I meant to when inspecting it, the skylight around the bathroom was extra fun to notice (LOTS of that tape stuff). So, going to start fresh with the roof and though it may weigh more, I'm going to live in the RV and so the assurance of not seeing water tricking in would be very reassuring. :)

TandSH

Hi Y'all,

New owners here, having just taken delivery of a 2013 NT 24RBS Caliber a couple of weeks ago. I'm really interested in convenient roof access for a number of reasons including clearing the top of the slide of debris prior to retracting. I've searched and found a couple of threads about installing a fixed ladder but everything I found was questions but no follow through by anyone actually installing one.

If someone has actually had one installed would you please share your source and cost for a ladder, location and cost for installation, lessons learned, etc. After the fact, was it worth it, does it satisfy what you wanted to accomplish, and so forth.

Thanx in advance.

Ted

TandSH

Update on Ladder for NT 24RBS

I contacted Dave at Heartland Customer Service late Tuesday afternoon asking for information regarding installation of a ladder on my trailer. Dave explained that he would have to contact their engineering department for the data and would email me when he received a reply. Thinking this would be a lengthy process I was pleasantly surprised to get an email around 8:00am Wednesday with an attached design drawing of the rear wall of my unit showing the internal structure provided for mounting a ladder! That generated my reply with several additional questions which Dave answered within minutes. Kudos for the great service from Heartland!

After a quick online search I decided on a Stromberg Carlson Universal Exterior RV Ladder, Model# LA-401. Camping World had it for sale online for ~$90 plus $10 shipping so I ordered one. I plan to install it myself and will post the results when I finish.

Ted