Full Timing and Membership Clubs

Sniper

We have decided that we are indeed going full timing within the next year to 18 months, and have a good plan. I was wondering if joining a club such as Escapees would be wise and worth the money to join. Any Full Timers out there use such a club? Looks like they may be a good resource for job listings and such. Thanks, and safe travels.

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have decided that we are indeed going full timing within the next year to 18 months, and have a good plan. I was wondering if joining a club such as Escapees would be wise and worth the money to join. Any Full Timers out there use such a club? Looks like they may be a good resource for job listings and such. Thanks, and safe travels.

I would recommend you join a club and Escapees is one of the best. They now offer mail forwarding service with an address in Texas, Florida, or South Dakota. The other thing that Escapees offer is the Care Center. At their Rainbow Park (headquarters) in Livingston, Tx is the Care Center where you can (for a fee) get nursing care, meals, rv cleaning and transportation to the medical facility. This is great if you need a place to stay while recovering from an injury (hip broken etc). They even have a place you can stay (in your RV) for Alzheimer patients. Escapees membership also allows you to get discounts on RV park fees at many RV parks across the country. Check them out at www.escapees.com

Sniper

Thanks for the info Jim. Concerning the membership is this something my much better half would need to join as well, or would she be covered under my membership?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Thanks for the info Jim. Concerning the membership is this something my much better half would need to join as well, or would she be covered under my membership?

When you join Escapees the spouse is covered as well. One other thing I would like to mention. You might want to look into Thousand Trails membership. TT is a membership campground system. As a member you can stay at any of their Preserves (that is what they call their campgrounds) for free for 14 days at a time and then out 7 and then 14 in etc. If you are full-timing and don't have a sticks and bricks this can be a way to immensely reduce your campground fees. Right now TT offers a zone (the US is divided into 5 zones) membership for $525 a year to be able to utilize their system. The SE zone has 28 parks so you can travel between the parks and not be limited to just one.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We are Escapees members "Class of 2007 fulltimers". We beagan using Escapees mail service in 2006 to transition to fulltime in 07. Great organization of fulltimers, we're now lifemembers.

http://www.escapees.com

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

rxbristol

Glad you asked the question. We are currently full timing, but still have a steady job for the next 18 months. We plan on joining next year to get everything setup when we finally hit the road.