Oakmont 390mbl

Looking at getting the Oakmont 390mbl or a Grand Design. Can you give me your opinion on Heartland Oakmonts. Thank you. We will be full timers with our 3 yr old grandson and adult children at times joining us.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Drivingwdrurys,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the Heartland Family. This is a great community with friendly and helpful people who are quick to reach out with help and advice when needed.

You might want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for the Oakmont sales team and they can give you answers to specific questions you may have. They probably can also give you a competitive rundown on Oakmont advantages over the GD.

jimtoo

Hi Drivingwdrurys,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Don't know how many of the Oakmont line are out there yet, but hopefully some of the others will jump in with some info for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

GOTTOYS

From what I've read the Oakmont line is the replacement for the Big Horn Silverado line. Not as many amenities and less insulation than a Big Horn. The Big horn, Big Country and the Landmark lines are also warrantied for full-time use, the others you are looking at are not....Don

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We looked at a Heartland Oakmont 5th-wheeler at the Colorado Springs Camping World a couple of weeks ago . . .

We loved the floor plan, but we were dismayed at the quality of the fit and finish as there were so many trim pieces falling off of the walls that we thought that we'd never ever consider buying a Heartland Oakmont, even though we loved the floor plan for a future upgrade.

Sorry if that offends anyone here, but I was ashamed to announce to anyone that this Heartland Oakmont 5th-wheeler was a Heartland product as I was suprised that they actually had it in their indoor showroom as it was falling apart in front of our eyes on the showroom floor.

The Heartland Oakmont that we saw on the showroom floor at this Camping World store was not a good representation of what Heartland has to offer.

Rschremp

We have an Oakmont 345rs and love it. Only minor stuff after shakedown but will be full timing in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

The one we saw at Camping World was the Oakmont 375QB.

We liked the bunk room in the back with the large entertainment center along the back wall and thought that room could be converted into a craft room or office.

And the half bathroom with it's own outside door is a nice feature.

Pirana

I just got my Oakmont 390MBL, ours was in excellent shape, but as with many RV companies, the rush to put these RVs out the door takes away the chance for a quality product. It really depends who is the finisher of the product and how fast is the receiving dealer willing to put time to fix the unit before showing it or selling it. My last RV was a KZ and was an excellent unit, well built...I dont think I can say the same for the products they are building now a days. Hopefully I will be able to enjoy this Oakmont for years...I do expect some problems to arise and hopefully they are taken care of.

JohnD

I just got my Oakmont 390MBL, ours was in excellent shape, but as with many RV companies, the rush to put these RVs out the door takes away the chance for a quality product. It really depends who is the finisher of the product and how fast is the receiving dealer willing to put time to fix the unit before showing it or selling it. My last RV was a KZ and was an excellent unit, well built...I dont think I can say the same for the products they are building now a days. Hopefully I will be able to enjoy this Oakmont for years...I do expect some problems to arise and hopefully they are taken care of.

Hope to see you at one of our Colorado HOC Rallies soon!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not an Oakmont owner, but saw one recently at the dealer and also spoke to new owners. We were very impressed with this line.

The problems are across all Manufacturers, some minor issues will come up. The key is finding a good dealer or repair facility to work with when needed. Heartland has been great to deal with when we have had some minor issues.

Erika

Rschremp

We have a 2016 345rs. Had problems with the dump valves. The cables were routed so that they were binding causing valves not to close properly. Had to have the cables rerouted now open and close smoothly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk