Huskey Aluminum V-Notch gate!!!

Delaine and Lindy

If anyone is in need of a 5th wheel tailgate. I just ordered and receive the Huskey Aluminum V-Notch tailgate. Looks great and well build and very light. Its also lockable also. Found it on the inter net for up to $600.00, I went to GOT-CHORME.COM and paid $379.00 plus shipping in my case was $30.00 for a total of $409.00. I don't recomend things I haven't used but this seem to be a very good design and looks good. It also arrived in 3 days. So when the rubber bed mat arrives I will have all the items nessary to hit the road again. I will cut a hole in the bed mat and mount the B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch over it. Have at many spray in bed liners, but no longer want to spend $300.00 to $500.00 and trade the Truck in a few years and have to do it again. For $55.00 I still get decent bed protection. I haul very little in my Truck bed thats what trailers are for. Just my opinion, however thats why our country is Strong. Thanks to our Military. GBY....

GOT-CHROME.COM

Hunter11

I have had a Husky Aluminum V-Notch tailgate for about three years now. It works great and still looks like new.

truknutt

Committed Member
why would want to lock something with a big hole in it???????????????????

driver311NoneNone

Keeps the honest people honest! Not sure about GM's of Dodges, but on my Ford, if the gate is lowered to a 45 degree angle, it can be stolen in an instant. Tailgates seem to be a hot commodity these days; cheaper to "borrow" your neighbor's than buy a new one when you back into a tree with the gate down. My family & running partners started securing ours with hose clamps after they started disappearing. :mad: Dad had 2 stolen in 3 weeks from the "secure" construction site he was on.

Dave

Delaine and Lindy

As stated above, it just keeps Honest people Honest. If you lower the OEM tailgate to about 45 degress the tailgate can be removed very easy. With the Lock its a little more trouble and will most likely damage the tailgate before it can be stolen. Chevy tailgates are a hot item in most areas. GBY.....

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
truknutt said, "My family & running partners started securing ours with hose clamps after they started disappearing. :mad: Dad had 2 stolen in 3 weeks from the "secure" construction site he was on."

I like that hose clamp idea. Haven't heard about that till now. At least it will slow the thief down especially if he doesn't have a screwdriver. Thanks

Delaine and Lindy

I agree if you don't have a locking tailgate I would use the clamps. You can also use a two foot cable with lock that will help also. But if they want it bad enough they will get it. GBY

Fishingicon

Husky Tailgate

I just got my new tailgate = based on this string I will now proceed with a good locking solution. Don't want it to "walk off"

BluegrassMan

I too bought a "Huskey" dropped tailgate from Got Chrome on Ebay. It is constructed very well, BUT I thought it would be "shiney" anodized. You know, polished then anodized. I was a little bummed when taking it out of the box. Now I have to get my back up camera installed in the gate. I may make the wiring longer to also mount it to see my hitch (portable) maybe magnetic, don't know yet. I bought another camera, it arrived the other day.

jpmorgan37

Moose1

On the bottom right hand side of the tailgate, wrap the hose clamp around the mounting pivot so that you can't lift the gate off when it is open at 45 degrees.

John

Delaine and Lindy

Well I had a lot of Diamond plate on my Chariot hauler bed and don't really want to shine any Chrome have been there and done that. I did get a Dewalt high speed buffer for the Diamond plate which did help a lot. Friday my rubber bed mat came in and I then cut out the Gooseneck slot and the safety chain slots. When I put the Companion 5th wheel hitch back in the Truck I will mount it on top or the bed mat. I talk to B&W in Kansas and was told it can be mounted on the rubber mat. So we now have everything ready for traveling again. Just a suggestion if you sell you 5th wheel keep all the extra's its very expensive to set the Truck up for towing again. But it was fun. GBY...

BluegrassMan

The "shiney" I was talking about is the CLEAR anodize over a BUFFED aluminum, it gives off a chrome look with NO maintainence. Chrome is my favorite color, got about $6000 worth on my Fatboy.

Delaine and Lindy

Hi Tom, we are in Decatur Ala. at Kontry Mile camper getting some things corrected and or replaced. No I don't think the Huskey tailgate will help on fuel mileage, but its very light compared to the GM tailgate. As for dirt I don't know for sure but I think its well worth the extra cost to get the Aluminum vs steel. I owned steel gates before and I can say this is much better and looks great also. I am going to post about fuel mileage pulling the Landmark. GBY.......