Step recall 2015 321 Torque

GMCaddic

Just to let everyone know I received a recall notice in the mail on my 2015 321 Torque, It says that some of the rivets on the steps may come loose and the step may give way.
So off to the dealer ship it go's again. Thanks Heartland.

One more thing. Can you recall the tire carrier because it sits to low where it is now. If not I will have to modify it my self because the dealer ship wants to much money
to do it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I understand your frustration...but remember HL does not make the steps. The steps are not hard to replace. So, you might call HL service and they might just send them to you. It might save you a lot down time setting at the dealer. JMHO

GMCaddic

They are not sending new steps they are replacing the rivets in the steps I am not frustrated I am just glad they sent a recall out for that because someone could get hurt real bad if a step gave way.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
They are not sending new steps they are replacing the rivets in the steps I am not frustrated I am just glad they sent a recall out for that because someone could get hurt real bad if a step gave way.

Heartland is NOT the only one that has a RECALL on the steps. At least 2 other mfg have done the same recall.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Should I be concerned about the steps on our 2015 Heartland Prowler?

Which we bought six weeks ago today, I might add . . .

'Lil Guy'

John, it's probably on that model only. My steps seem fine but I 'm going to look at them anyway. Such a simple fix to go and pick up come quality bolts and nylock nuts to fix. Grinding or drilling out the rivets and replacing with nuts and bolts might be a two beer job. Glad that HL notified for safety sake.

Miltp920

I bought some Hickory Step Quad steps on line this year. Is there a model number on the steps that would tell me IF the steps I bought to put on my 5er are a part of the recall? Mine were made in APR 2015.

Last edited: