Questions about the Gateway 3300 ML

TxCowboy

Wife and I just stumbled across the floor plan and pics of the Gateway 3300 ML and it looks great! Good cargo capacity, great layout, and, for the wife, a tub in the bathroom.

But......the insulation looks pretty meager which is NOT a good thing in South Texas. Wall are 7 and the floor and roof are only 10? With those insulation numbers, the ACs will never turn off. Of course, for the cost of upgrading to another unit, I could probably pay the electrical bill for years. :)

Is there a way to upgrade the insulation, particularly in the roof, or would that have to be a special order item through the factory? The Weatherguard package is standard equipment but my five year old Greystone has better stats than that!

Second question -- is the Gateway series warranted for full time use?

Thanks!

justafordguy

That is very odd. All the other Gateway models (our 3650BH included) have R11 walls and R38 floor and roof. I wonder if the web site info for the 3300ML is a mis-print? I would call Heartland and ask the Gateway line guys.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't think it's targeted for full time use. However, I haven't heard of HL turning down warranty work if you are using it full time. I think there is a family full-timing across the country, sponsored by GoRving, that is using a Gateway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question about gateway 3650 BH . The problem I am having deals with water heater, I am able to run it on gas but when I switch it over from 24 v to 120 v on the switch panel. It will blow 24v fuse in breaker box, and has no 120v power. I have checked element , all resets, and breakers and can not find a problem. I did trace electrical back to a box on top of black tank which I cannot get to. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

danemayer

Question about gateway 3650 BH . The problem I am having deals with water heater, I am able to run it on gas but when I switch it over from 24 v to 120 v on the switch panel. It will blow 24v fuse in breaker box, and has no 120v power. I have checked element , all resets, and breakers and can not find a problem. I did trace electrical back to a box on top of black tank which I cannot get to. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

hi Rightont73,

There have been a couple of people over the past year who have found bad connections inside the junction box attached to the water heater, resulting in symptoms like loss of power, tripped breakers, and blown fuses. Usually it's on the front corner of the water heater, near the top. With the rear pass-through storage wall removed, on most floor plans you should be able to squeeze in to work on it. If on your floor plan that's not possible, you might have to pull the water heater out to get to it. If you're under warranty, this might be a repair best left to your dealer or a nearby service center (with prior approval from Heartland).

I'd suggest disconnecting power at the park pedestal and at the battery cutoff switch before opening a suspect junction box.