Heartland competition?

caokgafamily

I was on E bay the other night and I came across a different looking 5th wheel. There's a new company out there called Open Range. Some of the different things they are doing are the same ideas that I have been bringing up on this forum for Heartland to look into. Check my previous post. Full body paint or different color scheme, lcd tv in outside storage area. I don't know much about the company. It will be interesting to see how they are treated. Competition is good for everybody. I'm partial to Heartland and I'm curious what they have on the drawing board. I'll be looking for a new 5th wheel in a couple of years. Something I think Heartland could spend some R & D on is some new floor plans "cutting edge" think outside the box. The future looks bright.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I was on E bay the other night and I came across a different looking 5th wheel. There's a new company out there called Open Range. Some of the different things they are doing are the same ideas that I have been bringing up on this forum for Heartland to look into. Check my previous post. Full body paint or different color scheme, lcd tv in outside storage area. I don't know much about the company. It will be interesting to see how they are treated. Competition is good for everybody. I'm partial to Heartland and I'm curious what they have on the drawing board. I'll be looking for a new 5th wheel in a couple of years. Something I think Heartland could spend some R & D on is some new floor plans "cutting edge" think outside the box. The future looks bright.

Not to sound too rah-rah....I've personally seen one of these and the quality is far below that of Heartland. And, at the time, I was still looking for a replacement for my Airstream. Over the last couple of years, I have checked out just about every type of fifth wheel done by man, and the Heartland was about the best for it's price range.

theharveys

I love it that RV manufacturers are continually trying to innovate. Had they just rested on their laurels several years ago, we would not have many of the nicities we take for granted in our trailers.
That's why I love going to the RV shows...just to see what is coming next.
By the way, have you seen the new Crossroads Seville? One floorplan has a back wall that looks like a stone fireplace.
See it here: http://www.crossroadsrv.com
I had a Crossroads as my previous fifth wheel and the build quality is not as good as Heartlands, but that full wall fireplace is cooooollll!.

Attachments

• gallery_fireplace.jpg
    gallery_fireplace.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We looked at the Open Range line at a dealer in Houston, and like was said before, the quality is nowhere near the Bighorn. Lots of pressboard cabinets and lino covering on the countertops in the kitchen.

You're right about the rear fireplace, it looks nice, but I still like the big window in back to see our of.