Where is the surge protector on the 2016 Landmark Ashland

dana22

We just obtained our 2016 Landmark and we have the surge protector but my husband was wanting to know where it is located.:rolleyes: Guess he wanted to make sure one was installed. Anybody know where it is??

olcoon

I can't tell you for sure, but it will most likely be behind your main fuse/breaker box. It it's higher up on the wall, it should be directly underneath it.

danemayer

If you have generator prep, it may be built into the transfer switch, behind the basement pass thru storage wall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

davebennington

I believe it is behind the wall in the storage area, at least that is mine is located it is right next to the power converter.

dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We just obtained our 2016 Landmark and we have the surge protector but my husband was wanting to know where it is located.:rolleyes: Guess he wanted to make sure one was installed. Anybody know where it is??
I was wondering the same thing, and untel I see with my own eyes I will wonder if I really have one.

jbeletti

Landmark has never shipped with a separate Surge Protector. For the last several years, all Landmark's that were ordered with the generator or generator prep option - have shipped with the TRC Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS). The TRC ATS has some level of surge protection built into it.

The ATS is behind the utility wall, usually mounted to the floor of the upper deck and next to the converter.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Landmark has never shipped with a separate Surge Protector. For the last several years, all Landmark's that were ordered with the generator or generator prep option - have shipped with the TRC Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS). The TRC ATS has some level of surge protection built into it.

The ATS is behind the utility wall, usually mounted to the floor of the upper deck and next to the converter.

Jim You said "Some level of surge protection" Is there any need for any additional surge protector or is it safe the way it is ?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There is a bit more to it in protecting your investment than just a surge protector.
Consider over and under current as well as faulty wiring at the RV park pedestal.
Take a look at the Progressive Industries EMS (Electrical Management System).

Peace
Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
does the one thats in the landmark have a digital read out?

The one that comes with the gen prep in the Landmark (TRC) does not have a digital readout. I would recommend adding the Progressive Industries EMS either portable or hardwired. We have the portable in addition to the TRC.

jbeletti

Jerrod & Rhonda - I have to echo what the other guys have said here... The Surge protection built into the TRC ATS is "nice to have", but as a product owner, I'd want even more protection. That's what you'll get with the Pregressive EMS others have mentioned. Add one of these to your coach and order the EMS with the remote display. You'll love the peace of mind it will give you.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

OK Jim I will do that asap. Thanks
I had the 320w Go Solar Inverter and solar kit installed and they installed 1 more of the Surge gaurd 50A transfer switches. So I now have 2 side by side to run the shore power, Gen power, & Inverter power. And as of now one of them is buzzing when plugged into shore power. Manteca trailer will check it out when it comes out of the paint shop next Friday. Does anyone see any issue with the 2 surge guards side by side ?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod & Rhonda - I have to echo what the other guys have said here... The Surge protection built into the TRC ATS is "nice to have", but as a product owner, I'd want even more protection. That's what you'll get with the Pregressive EMS others have mentioned. Add one of these to your coach and order the EMS with the remote display. You'll love the peace of mind it will give you.

Jim I just ordered the Progressive EMS-HW50C RV Power Protection and the EMS-Remote Display for inside. Both from Amazon. Thanks for the info. I should have nothing to worry about after I install them.

[h=2][/h][h=2][/h]

jbeletti

Jim I just ordered the Progressive EMS-HW50C RV Power Protection and the EMS-Remote Display for inside. Both from Amazon. Thanks for the info. I should have nothing to worry about after I install them.

Great move. Your coach should be pretty well protected after install. Be aware that the EMS will cut power to your coach to protect it under certain conditions. So it might be frustrating in the beginning until you completely wrap your head around what it protects your coach from and how it manages the protection. Great investment.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

OK I will keep that in mind. Luckily it is only shore power. I will still have Gen power and the inverter power. NO WORRIES
The Trailers not here so I'm not sure where I'm going to put the EMS unit. With the electric power reel in the box in rear, there is no room or access back there. I wish they would have made a weather proof storage box with big door back there. Then you would have access to the reel and a place to store the adapter pig tails. And it would get rid of that cheesy plastic access door. Sounds like I might have a new project. :)

Last edited:

DWChris

I put the Progressive on my Landmark every trip. I sleep great. It's the best that I found. Have seen horror stories from fellow campers who used other protectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Jerrod,

Most people install the Progressive EMS behind the utility wall near the converter and transfer switch (if so equppied). Then they usually mount the remote display unit near the control/switch panel in the coach or down lower near the breaker panel or even on a step riser.

porthole

Retired
How well does a Progressive EMS play with the electrical management system built into the 365 Landmarks?