Salacoa Creek Park in Calhoun, GA

ptillett

We just spent a weekend at a county park, Salacoa Creek Park. If anyone is interested, it was super nice. 35 RV spots, paved sites with picnic tables, fire rings, grills, and lantern post. Some sites have decks. This park is on a lake, the camping section has a dock you can fish from. There is also a beach to swim from.

It was $15 a night with elec/water, and sewage dumping included. Can't beat that! I highly recommend it.

I attached a pict of our site that weekend.

Attachments

• DSCN1146.JPG
    DSCN1146.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 68

truknutt

Committed Member
Hey thanks for this info. I was looking for a decent place in that neck of the woods; DW's family is only 36 miles / 50 mins away (as the Georgia roads fly). $15 a night and 50 mins away...can't beat that!

Thanks again,

Dave

ptillett

It was a very, very nice place for the money. It didn't have all the entertainment of a commercial campground, but I didn't care. It was nice and quiet and pretty.

truknutt

Committed Member
That's all you can ask for. I tend to "veg out" so to speak when we're down there while the DW catches up with her kin. Is that the creek behind your site? How'd you like the deck?

Dave

ptillett

That is a lake view from site 34. I think that is the nicest site in the park. Just my opinion. You can access the lake from the other side of the RV campground area. They have a large T floating dock to fish from or you can rent a jon boat for $3 or $5 a day. Something like that.

The deck was nice to stand on or sit on and enjoy the view.

Have fun. :)