2015 gw 3650bh

Ok folks,
Maybe I heard something that wasn't said, But I would have bet my last dollar on it. I have a residential frig in my unit, I heard my saleman tell me that the frig still worked while I was pulling the camper down the road, If this is true, will someone please tell me what I need to do, bc it did not work yest on a 7 hour trip from Florida back home.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Did it work on the trip to Florida? Was the truck charging the battery? There are a lot of variables involved, so we would need more information to help with any troubleshooting.

GWRam

Haven't had any inverter problems since the new inverter Heartland installed a year ago until two weeks ago. Something we had happen during our last two long days of driving.

We had the inverter turned on at the campsite. Hitched up and ready to go. Inverter light on. One of the kids runs back inside to get a drink from frig and says the frig interior light is out.
Inverter on but no power to frig.
Remote inverter green light on.
In gen bay find the ac plug that plugs into bottom of inverter had fallen out of outlet. Plugged in and everything worked.

Next long day of travel the plug fell out again. Moved the plug to the other half of outlet, hasn't fallen out any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok ya'll, now I'm showing my stupidity, No I did not turn on the inverter, I assumed it was on all the time ( famous assume word, lol). Can you tell me where the inverter switch is so i can check it at home tonight. I will hook up the truck and unplug the shore power, to verify the operation. If there is anything else that I may need to look at, please let me know. Just to answer a few questions, I bought the unit in Florida, its been parked at a campground for two months, we would go on weekends when we got a chance. Now its back home and preparing to start using it as it is intended for, to go camping and enjoying the RV lifestyle.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
There should be a "remote" inverter switch on the panel near your other switches. I'm not familiar with the Gateway layout so I could be wrong. If the switch is on then there's another problem.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Like others have said there should be a switch possibly with a white name plate around it with the words Magnum or something similar to that. Should also possibly have a green status light as well.

Btw have you considered joining the heartland owners club yet? I am the Louisiana chapter leader and would love to have you guys. We have a couple of rallies coming up that aren't too far from you. One in New Iberia over the Halloween weekend and another in Henderson at Cajun Palms over at pattys day weekend next year.

danemayer

There should be a switch similar to the one pictured here. There's also a switch on the inverter itself.

Attachments

• inverter remote switch crop.jpg
    inverter remote switch crop.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 29

GWRam

Switch should look just like the photo danemayer posted.
Should be near, ours is above, the switch panel with all your lights and water heater switches.
To test the inverter, you won't have to hook up your truck, just make sure external AC power is removed from the camper. And also make sure battery cutoff switch is turned ON. Turn on inverter with remote switch inside RV or switch on inverter itself. Check for operation of frig. Compressor running interior lights work.

Thanks for all of your help, I will check it out this evening after work, I have to you danemayer, what is the yeti package in the picture that you sent

danemayer

Thanks for all of your help, I will check it out this evening after work, I have to you danemayer, what is the yeti package in the picture that you sent

The Yeti package includes tank heating pads on all the holding tanks, heat tape on the fresh water feed line to the pump, and extra insulation in front and rear caps. It's an option available on selected models primarily to let you use the water systems in extremely cold weather.

GWRam

Osims
What brand and model did they install in your unit? Having the readout inside the coach would be nice. My amp/volt readout is only on the inverter display itself.

Sorry I'm just getting back to this, I do have the white switch, I checked it out at the house, Yes my fridge works when the white switch is turned on. We went camping this past weekend, I made sure the switch was on after I unplugged the camper to leave, and I checked that the fridge was working. So I closed up the camper and we left. It is a 2 1/2 hour trip to Lake Bruin, when I pulled into the campsite, I went in to check that the fridge was still on. It was not, and the green light on the switch was off as well, and fridge was not on. I turned the switch back on and the fridge was working again. Nothing was melted in the fridge though. The switch was off again when we got back home, again nothing was melted.
Can anyone shed some light onto why the white inverter switch is turning itself off, but comes right back on, when I turn it back on

danemayer

Sorry I'm just getting back to this, I do have the white switch, I checked it out at the house, Yes my fridge works when the white switch is turned on. We went camping this past weekend, I made sure the switch was on after I unplugged the camper to leave, and I checked that the fridge was working. So I closed up the camper and we left. It is a 2 1/2 hour trip to Lake Bruin, when I pulled into the campsite, I went in to check that the fridge was still on. It was not, and the green light on the switch was off as well, and fridge was not on. I turned the switch back on and the fridge was working again. Nothing was melted in the fridge though. The switch was off again when we got back home, again nothing was melted.
Can anyone shed some light onto why the white inverter switch is turning itself off, but comes right back on, when I turn it back on

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. There were some issues where the refrigerator vendor made a change causing the refrigerator to pull more power, overloading the inverter. The inverter firmware was updated to handle the surge. Maybe yours is in that group.

Also check batteries and wiring from the batteries to inverter. Low or intermittent voltage levels to the inverter can also cause this problem.

justafordguy

X2, My original inverter would shut off after running a short time also. I called Heartland and they sent me a new one. It has worked great ever since.;)

I just got off of the phone with Heartland, They are sending me another inverter, Hopefully that will fix the problem.
Thanks guys for your input, it is good to know that ya'll are so knowledgeable.