Satellite roof mount location

I know there's been alot of discussion about this....

I have a 2009 Bighorn 3600rl. I want to mount a winegard 1200s
I need to know exactly were the cable is on he roof and if I need to run power as well. The winegard 1200s will locate the satellites with a push of the button. Does anyone a a diagram of were the cable is on the roof?

Thanks
Jim

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
hey chipper, before u buy the wineguard 1200 check out the Motosat HD5LNB that Jim B and I both bought. Its awesome and is automatic 5 satellites. Lays flat on roof and with one push of a button its up and running in 5 minutes but is only for directtv. It could have been installed better but mine has a cable running from the roof dropping to the entertainment center in my 3400RE. It also works for the bedroom tv as well. Jim thought it should have been dropped thru the closet to the underbelly and brought up next to the fireplace, but I am not the mechanical type (yet), unless I stick around Forest or Bob or Jim or Roger or DennisZ a little longer. Anyway I am very satisfied with this motosat.

jbeletti

The new Motosat Universal Mount is actually available with Direct TV and Dish Network setups.

It's a nice unit. Spendy - but built well.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Jim when I bought mine the folks at motsat told me there was only availability in direct tv so is this a new option? btw, what is neat is that we are going to cancun for 2 weeks, and if u let direct tv know its installed in a RV, you can suspend service for 30 days to 6 months at no cost.

jbeletti

Larry,

Thanks for the confirmation on the ability to suspend the Direct TV service. We will do this from November through April. Have fun in Cancun! Attached is the info from Motosat's site.

Attachments

• motosat.jpg
    motosat.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 25