No cable on 3875fb

mrrocko

Park cable hooked up to catv outlet in uds station getting local TV with batwing in my 2013 big horn switching boost switch I can get local and park cable in new 2016 big horn cannot get park cable unless I run line threw window to back of TV I have talked to other owners and heartland and seems quality control. Has slipped. I am guessing. Some where the wiring is wrong but where?

We just picked up our 2016 3010 and initially thought we had the same issue you are experiencing. Turns out that the LG TV they put in these units will receive and store both over-the-air and cable through the same input. Really neat. When you set the TV to search for stations, allow it to search for all types (over air, HD, cable...). Then you can specify through the remote what you want to view. The remote will show stations with the same channel number but distinguish between type. Also as I'm sure you are aware, you can be in a rv park where your neighbor has cable, and you don't because of park bad wiring. These TV's are new, and the dealers pdi people don't know much about them.

danemayer

Hi mrrocko,

I'm having a little trouble following your problem description. Sounds like you used to have a 2013 Big Horn and now have a 2016 model. On your 2013, you had the cable connection working. But on the 2016 it is not working.

Is the over the air antenna signal coming in ok on the 2016? If so, that would suggest a problem either at the UDC cable TV coax connector, or at the connector where that cable comes into the signal booster. If you want to investigate it yourself, you could check the connectors at those locations. Be careful with the signal booster. It's pretty easy to short the power connection while unscrewing or screwing in the coax connectors.

Or you could let your dealer handle it under warranty.

mrrocko

i had a 2013 big hornand when i was camping and the park had cable i could get both cable and local stations by pressing the red button in the forward closet. i sold the 2013 and ordered a 2016 big horn 3875fb and cannot get the park cable to the tv. i even programed the lg tv for park cable and local channels still could not get both by using the red button in closet on my way to home depot to pick up a cable signal locator and see where i am getting signals. the only way i can get park cable is running a direct line to back of tv

pegmikef

. . . but you are in fact receiving the park cable channels when you hook the cable directly to the TV through the window. Is that correct?

Suggest you contact your dealer. If you have the cable input attached to the trailer in the appropriate spot and set up your LG tv correctly you can watch both on-air and cable channels at the same time. You don't need to run a wire through the window.

danemayer

Suggest you contact your dealer. If you have the cable input attached to the trailer in the appropriate spot and set up your LG tv correctly you can watch both on-air and cable channels at the same time. You don't need to run a wire through the window.

I'm curious how this works. If the signal booster is ON, it amplifies antenna signals but blocks cable signals. If it is OFF, it passes cable signals but doesn't amplify antenna signals.

On our 2016 BH, we were able to receive both on-air and cable (both HD and non HD) through the same single coax input at the same time. The LG will scan for all types of channels and let you switch between on-air and cable using the remote. We left the booster on.

mrrocko

i have tried to switch from air to cable after using the auto channel guide and putting in both air and cable. i cannot find how to switch from one to other using remote can you help me

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
In our new 2015 Prowler, the sat/cable wall plate on the wall behind the living room TV was labeled backwards.

We have an LG TV on our 2016 Bighorn 3010. First go to settings, Channel, Auto tuning - tune for all types of channels, on air, cable, etc. Next use the remote, push "List" next to the number pad. This should provide a list of all channels found to select from or you can just input the channel number if you know it. If multiple channels exist with same number, you'll get a choice between on air or cable. Manual is minimal and translated from Korean, but if you play around with it you'll figure it our.