accumulator PSI

Tweitekamp

long story but tracing down what I thought were water gremlins but maybe the gremlins are only in my head. Anyway, a buddy of mine and I were going through the water system and verifying no leaks. Confirmed the pump turned on and off properly and stayed off when all valves were closed. I decided to check the pressure in my shurflo accumulator tank. it came precharged at 30psi and honestly when I installed it 2+ years ago I never adjusted it. I tested it last night and it said 14psi. Granted after checking it with a tire gauge several times it could have easily dropped it from 30 to 14 quickly I have found out! But I put it back to 30psi last night. Tested it and seemed nice and quiet again but seemed to kick on and off the same as without a accumulator. I have done quite a bit of reading this morning and came to the conclusion I needed to check the spec on the pump to find the on/off settings. On is 25psi and off is 45...at least that's what the spec sheet says. I know to do it right a person should put a gauge on it and open valves and such, but I think I am going to just play and see. I set it at 22-23psi.

Question though....for all the people out there who have one of these, how often do you check it and what do you have the best results with? I have a shurflo 2088-422-144. On the label it says pressure 45 (bar 3.1) but im sure that is the off pressure or max pressure.

I have done a lot of work recently to the fresh water tank, lines, vent, and supports. that was a MAJOR PITA to sort out but we feel it is 10x better than the factory ever did. We took a 6 hour trip to Wisconsin last weekend and lost almost 1/2 of my water somewhere....had to be out the new vent line since it is on the top corner of the tank with no on/off valve to keep the water in there. 6 hours of 65mph on the interstate would definitely cause a problem. Last night we put a on/off valve on the vent line as well just for traveling reasons. only time it will be closed is for transport but I honestly feel that we have most of the water supply issues minimized now. Vent flows awesome now so I can fill and drain my tank the way it should. Honestly, last weekend I was to the point of getting out of RVing because we haven't taken a flawless trip in 4 tries. Not relaxing at all. But with this one last effort to go over all the connections and make things work properly.....I surely hope we can have a successful outing next time. It worked last night.....SHOULD work next time we go!

But any info on PSI settings would be helpful

MTPockets

I don't have a Shurflo accumulator but feel it's same technology. My instructions say to pressurize accumulator tank to 50% of the pump max rating. If you have a pump with 45 max, 22-23 sounds just right. I check mine occasionally or when it seems to cycle too often. Change in altitude will make a difference as well.

Tweitekamp

Thanks MTPockets. I should be ok then. sometimes I buy things and fail to realize that they may need to be adjusted to the specific application. Luckily I am in central Illinois and the altitude changes shouldn't effect things!!! hahahah!