Telesteps product experience

teasac69

I recently saw a neighbor using a set of TELESTEPS on his coach and he was a rather large fellow so they have to be substantial. Does anyone have any experience with the Telesteps? I'm in the market for a set, but certainly don't want to spend that much money for a stowable ladder and find later they are faulty??

Second question would be do you know a good place to get a set at a bargain?? (yea, I know if they were cheap they'd be no good).

I current use a Little Giant knock off from Lowe's, works great but it's very heavy to handle in and out of the hole and with my back issues, I don't need heavy things to handle.

thanks always guys for the input.

Miller0758

Hi Tim, I keep a set on the coach and have found them to be sturdy yet fold nicely for storage. Sorry I can't help you with purchase options but certainly worth looking into.
I recently saw a neighbor using a set of TELESTEPS on his coach and he was a rather large fellow so they have to be substantial. Does anyone have any experience with the Telesteps? I'm in the market for a set, but certainly don't want to spend that much money for a stowable ladder and find later they are faulty??

Second question would be do you know a good place to get a set at a bargain?? (yea, I know if they were cheap they'd be no good).

I current use a Little Giant knock off from Lowe's, works great but it's very heavy to handle in and out of the hole and with my back issues, I don't need heavy things to handle.

MCTalley

Not sure if mine are Telesteps brand, but similar. They are not lightweight by any means. I'd guess my 12 1/2 foot ladder weighs every bit of 30 pounds (looking at a Telesteps 12.5 foot ladder on Amazon, I see that it weighs 30.5 pounds, so I was pretty darn close).

At any rate, I bought whatever I have at Home Depot a couple years ago on clearance for $99. Might check the local home improvement stores as a first stop.

Also, per build quality - mine are still working great. I weigh about 215 lb. and it supports me fine.

pegmikef

I'd guess my 12 1/2 foot ladder weighs every bit of 30 pounds (looking at a Telesteps 12.5 foot ladder on Amazon, I see that it weighs 30.5 pounds, so I was pretty darn close).

Riddle me this. I just looked at the same ladder and as you say it says 30.5 pounds, but in the right column they say the shipping weight is 23.4 pounds. How do they do that? Now I wonder which one is correct.

http://www.amazon.com/Telesteps-160...&sr=8-3&keywords=telesteps+telescoping+ladder

Lucky828

Bought http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VMXV5JY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00 on amazon for $86.00. It holds 330 lbs. I'm 6'4 and 300 lbs. Used it serveral times and its very sturdy. I use it to clean off my slides before putting them in. It stores perfect in the loveseat drawer.