Road warrior quality???

rhett92

Hi all. I bought a next to new road warrior 30 c. This unit is mint. It had 8 hrs on generator and only was pulled 2400 km before I bought it. The previous owner had some plumbing issues and the had to cut open the heated underbelly to fix. I've used unit 3 weekend now all at my lake so I haven't even moved this thing. This unit is starting to fall apart and its brand new. Granted these are little thing but extremely disappointing. The 8000 factory paint job is starting to peel and flake after one quick rinse. It's starting to come off around wheel wells and rear ramp door. Also the rear awning which has never been out is coming right off the coach. It's halfway out of the channel it mounts to. I'm betting it was like this from the factory. When it is extended out it comes out and is nowhere near level. Also one outdoor speaker does not work and it did work before. Under the main bed there is a storage droor that pulls out. First time we pull it out the droor rips off the sliding bracket from poor installation from the factory. They missed with the screw and just caught 1/8 of particle board. I'm very concert that this trailer is gonna just fall apart. Anyone else have these issues with heartland products or any advice or horror stories. I'm thinking I should of bought a different toy hauler as I am not happy so far. Paint peeling on a 2 year old trailer!????? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks all

danemayer

Hi rhett92,

Sorry you're having problems. You probably already know that none of the warranties, either from Heartland or from the appliance manufacturers, convey to the 2nd owner. So hopefully you got a great deal on this trailer and can use some of the money you saved to get it up to really be in "mint" condition.

We have full body paint and after 5 years the only areas we've had problems with are places where a body part was replaced and painted locally. The local paint jobs don't seem to be as good as the original. So flaking paint makes me wonder if maybe there was a local paint job that you weren't told about.

But hopefully after you get through these initial problems, things will settle down and you'll be able to enjoy the trailer.