Excellent experience with EasyCare RV warranty

Garypowell

I normally don't purchase extended warranties. I realize they have to be slanted towards the seller in order for them to stay in business. But when we purchased our 2013 BH we had real cloudy financial future ahead of us. In fact we purchased the unit in case we lost our home. I decided to purchase the EasyCare (what McGeorge's in Richmond VA offered) for $1,811.00 which gave us 5 years of protection. This way maybe we could get the unit fixed if the cloud turned into a storm.

The only pain was the yearly inspection. I am fairly handy and have always done all my work but there is nothing wrong with an experienced person looking over your rig once a year. Normally only cost a little over $100.00.

Starting about 2 weeks ago our main A/C unit (Dometic Brisk Air I) went on the fritz just a few days after we left on a 2 month trip. I gave some thought about cashing in the policy and changing it out my self (the cloud is now gone!)...and then pocketing the left over money. I called McGeorge's and talk this over. During that conversation I was told they still used EasyCare and it seemed they treated customers OK.

So I called EasyCare and they answered the phone. They explained the process (RV tech diagnose, submit claim, they approve, he fixes, they pay with their credit card) which even included paying for his trip charge.

So we decided to take the plunge. After all we have another A/C unit, a Frige, etc. and 2.5 years left on the 5 year program.

The RV tech came out and he said he had never heard of EasyCare and wanted assurances that I would pay him if they did not. I said I would. Obviously the unit was bad but he still proved it. On Monday morning he called EasyCare and then called me. He said "you got a good one!". He said, "I already have my approval and will order the Dometic Brisk Air II since the "I" is no longer available".

It arrived today and he put it in (works great....it is actually quiet...the "I" rumbled all the time) paid him my $50 deductible and he drove off. He has their credit card number to charge.

Could not be more pleased. Oh, the entire bill was $1,759.70. I realize I could have probably done it myself....but it was fun to sit back and watch....and to have a decision turn out to be a good one.