Blown Speaker

dale46

On our last trip, one of the small speakers in my system blew out and makes a loud crackling noise when we use the surround sound system. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement?

wdk450

Dale:
If you have the Coby (brand) system, you are in luck. I just replaced mine yesterday with a Sony unit from Walmart, as the rear audio on the Coby unit was not working (not the speaker's problems). I now have 5 of the white wedge speakers, plus the subwoofer to get rid of, and I have no easy access to any e-waste facilities.

BTW, I relocated the rear surround speakers from high on the ceiling in front of the sofa, to within the slide hanging from the bottoms of the cabinets at the ends of the sofa, for correct surround sound placement. For now I wired in extra long speaker wire laying loose so that the slides will go in O.K. I am planning on adding small inline audio connectors (1/8" mini phone male and female connectors) and shortening the speaker wires; so that I will disconnect the wiring before moving the slide in, but will self-disconnect the wiring if I forget.

Send me a personal message so I can get your address, and we can arrange a way for you to re-emburse me for the shipping charges. With my remote RVing sites, it may be late next week before I can ship it out.

Last edited:

Jim.Allison

I replaced my whole system with a Yamaha 500 watt home entertainment system, It was a kit from Bestbuy and cost very little and included the 6 speakers and a "real" subwolfer. I left the 3 ohm OEM speakers in place but disconnected them for aesthetics. With the "auto sound adjustment" that came with the system, I was able to perfect the sound even though the TV is just 8 feet away.