Vinyl Flooring Tear

sdwelling

Putting slides out on our last night of vacation and my son calls to me as he's putting the slides out. The kitchen slide is has torn up a triangular shaped piece of vinyl about the size of my hand. I don't know if there was something caught under the slide, like a pebble, but the slide is awfully close to the floor. I'm getting the slides adjusted now, but wanted to know if the entire vinyl floor has to be replaced. Anyone ever done this before / had it done? Where did you source the flooring?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You might try to conact a residential vinyl installer in your area. Some are able to make repairs like that.
There are a few here that have replaced their vinyl with either new vinyl or laminate.
You mentioned a possible pebble, could be. I make a habit of sweeping the floor just before bringing in the slides for that reason.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Take a look at this Beauflor Repair Guide. Check with Heartland to make sure yours is Beauflor and depending on where the tear is located, and the pattern of your floor, you might be able to repair it.

Rangelady

Putting slides out on our last night of vacation and my son calls to me as he's putting the slides out. The kitchen slide is has torn up a triangular shaped piece of vinyl about the size of my hand. I don't know if there was something caught under the slide, like a pebble, but the slide is awfully close to the floor. I'm getting the slides adjusted now, but wanted to know if the entire vinyl floor has to be replaced. Anyone ever done this before / had it done? Where did you source the flooring?
I had a similar tear and it was a pebble. Fortunately, we were having other warranty work done and they had their floor guy come repair it. He cut a patch of floor out along the pattern (ours looks like wood) and put in another piece. It is impossible to tell where the new begins and ends. I know part of the problem was I started putting it out, then stopped and brought it in, then back out. We had been over some dirt roads, so I figured I picked up a pebble that way. If you end up doing it yourself be sure the humidity is not too high. We ended up having to wait for a storm front to leave for that reason.

Snowdrift

Jim.Allison

When I was behind the basement wall of my BC3650 RL, I noticed a large sheet of the flooring, obviously excess from the construction. I made a mental note of it incase I had a mishap with my interior floors.