Goodyear Marathons on BC

pitch black

went and picked up new 5er and it had Goodyear Marathons on it, is all heartland trailers getting Goodyear tires now?

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I thought the Good Year tires were an option on the Landmark. What Heartland unit did you get? Be thankful you did not get China "bombs". Best of luck with your 5er.

flyfishing48

Our Sundance was built last week. With a little luck maybe we have Goodyear tires on ours too. We spec'd the 16 inch wheels. By chance are yours 16 as well?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I can add something here. When I was visiting the factory in late March I noticed a lot of Goodyear tires mounted on wheels for a variety of Heartland products. As it turns out, the distributer for Heartland ran short on the "china bomb" tires and ended up supplying Goodyears in their place for the time being. So that means there will be some really lucky people out there getting Goodyear tires where normally they would not. Keep your fingers crossed if you have a unit on order.

Mark

bill40

Just picked up our 09 BC 3500RL came with Freestar FS-524 LT235/85R16 load range G. I was surprised after all the information on this fourm and others that heartland would continue to use this brand. I guess they must get one heck of a buy.
I did ask the dealer to change out the tires, he would for a $1200.No credit for the FreeStars, HMMMMMM! Well they made the 108 mile trip home. We are checking into other tires now. Would like to make the Mertle Beach Rally but would not trust The FreeStars going that far.

5erWonk

The question is are the Marathon manufactured in US, Canada, or China. There are very few Canada tires left and most have been moved to China.

After my fiasco with Missions I've placed my order for GY G614s G rated.

bigredtruck

this has been a concern of mine as DH is driving across the country with the new rig right now. as it happened, had to replace 2 tires on my car while he's been gone and talked to my tire guy about the Chinese tires. while he agrees there are lots of bombs out there, they are getting better all the time, kind of like when the Koreans started building cars :). we are going to have him check the tires on the Cyclone when it gets home to get his opinion. I haven't asked DH what type are on it

5erWonk

My missions from China is a year old and has about 6000 miles! Way to go Misssions!

Gene,

Your comment is exactly what I said six months ago....Mine started going at just over one year and 6K miles. Don't want to be an alarmist, just be sure to check them regularly, sidewalls and tread. One of mine had a bulge on the inside sidewall that blew out while sitting at the RV Park, the other two had tread separation.

fhollan

I had to replace my spare yesterday and bought a Goodyear Marathon from the local Goodyear store ST235/80R16E. Checked it over! Guess what? "Made in China".

Jimmyt5

My Missions are 1 1/2 years old 7,000 miles and holding up right now.
Had a bad scare on W VA turnpike. My Pressure Pro went off on a tire,no place to pull over, when I found a place,the sending unit had come lose..

azbound

Check your tires, the last I heard Goodyear Marathons are made in China. A buddy of mine recently purchased a new Jayco with Goodyear Marathons and they are clearly marked, Made in China. If you need G rated, the GY 614 I believe are the only one's made in the USA.

Triber

China Bombs

Our '09 Big Horn 3670RL came with Chinese made Fire Star 235/85R16 tires. I didn't think too much of it until we stayed at an RV Park where a neighbor, driving a Landmark told me about a blow out he had with the same kind of tires. He had one explode and it did about $3500.00 damage to his rig as well as really shake them up.

I have been looking for replacement alternatives and so far have not found what I am looking for. We are about 4000Km into an extended trip and I don't have much faith in these "China Bombs" now. I will be changing them out ASAP. I have found that here in Canada at least, the Goodyear G614s are all over the map price wise. I have been quoted from a low of $285.00 per tire to a high of $380.00 per tire. Although I have been given a range of prices, no one has these tires in stock so it will be during an extended stop over that I will get them.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am getting fed up with "cheap" Chinese goods that are shoddily made and marketed on low price alone. They take away our manufacturing jobs and although the manufacturers will tell you that they have to move offshore to be competitive, they really mean to maximize profits! At the very least, our Federal governments in Canada and the USA should pass some stringent quality protection laws on imports!

Triber