Auxiliary fuel tank for 2014 Ford E350

Concerned about exceeding load ratings when adding a aux fuel tank. Anyone experienced/knowledgeable with having a auxiliary fuel tank installed on a 2014 Ford E350 Super Duty 5.4l or similar TV. I am thinking relocating the spare to a tire mount on the rear door and installing the tank where the spare is under/rear just forward of the hitch receiver. Not sure of the size fuel capacity yet hopefully ~30-40 gal. (~225-300 lbs plus tank/accessories weight ?).

I'm looking for in sights and solutions for impacts to tow capacities, handling and suspension issues if any, installation complexities integrating with fuel lines/gauge electrical, switches ETC. while maintaining emissions compliance and locating an installer local to Hemet Ca.

I am working with the following load ratings for my rig;
E350 Van 373 gears, Per manual; GCWR 13000 lbs
- Per manual; GVWR 8800 lbs.
- Per manual; Base Curb Weight (lbs.) 6028 lbs
- Est Gross Vehicle Weight loaded during towing; 6528 lbs, includes passengers/cargo currently, + ~300 lbs extra for aux tank/fuel ~6828 lbs
- Per manual; Maximum Loaded Trailer Weight (Lbs.) 6700 (note: if TT was loaded to this weight it would be over GCWR by 528 lbs)

Wilderness Travel Trailer
- Per manual; GVWR 6900 lbs
- Per manual: Dry Weight 5350 ibs
- Per manual: Hitch weight 475 ibs
- Est Gross Vehicle Weight loaded during towing; 5850 lbs, includes weighed as loaded supplies/cloths, min levels in holding tanks.

Summary of estimated rating factors;
-E350, Est GVW w/new tank; 6828 lbs
-TT, Est GVW ; 5850 lbs
-Hitch weight 475 ibs
Total; above combined weight 13,153 lbs - Per manual; GCWR 13000 lbs = 153 lbs over rated GCWR

I have not gone to a CAT scale to get actual weights but will and adjust what I carry accordingly.

Question;
Is there reserve capacity built-in in the GCWR of 13000 lbs.? A little confused here that although for the E350 it is ~2000 lbs under the 8800 lb GVWR and for the TT it is ~1100 lbs under its 6900 lb GVWR still this rig is considered over the GCWR by 153 lbs.

Any recommendations, suggestions and opinions are welcome.
Thank you.

GOTTOYS

I am not aware of any auxiliary fuel tanks available for gas engine trucks. There may be a larger tank available to replace the stock tank but if there is that's about it. Emissions seem to be the problem with gas, not so much with diesel...Don

Tundra2084

Let's not forget the weight per gallon and that is 8 lbs per so a 35 gallon auxillary tank would carry an extra 280 lbs plus weight of tank so looking at around an additional 320 lbs of weight. Your best option is to get a real weight of your E350 fully ready to roll and go from there. What they state as your base curb weight is before anything is added and not always the true weight.

kbbagshaw

Just got my 55 gal rds delivered and the toolbox lid won't open all the way because it catches under the lip of the bed and I can't move it back ant further because of the hitch! Yikes!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
A BIG hammer or a HOT wrench could fix that. LOL Could you exchange it for a shorter tank??