BH Hot Water Heater

Clark

Took our new BH3055 out for a trial run and experienced a water heater problem. The water would only heat to room temperature (feels like maybe 70-80 degrees) maximum. I tried both the electric and the propane separately and they both heated to water to the same temperature. I can see no temp adjustment on the Suburban HW heater, nor did the instructions on the heater or the 3055 mention anything about adjusting water temperature. Any ideas out there on causes or solutions?
Clark

flyfishing48

I assume you have the water heater tank full and purged.
A quick check I would try is to verify that the showers (inside and outside) are shut off at the valves and not just at the shower head.

jpmorgan37

Clark;

There is no temperature adjustment, but my guess is that you have a valve partially open somewhere in the system that is allowing cold water to mix with the hot. The first place that I would look is the winterizing bypass valve.

John

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I had the same problem one time with our other 5er and like John said it sounds like the bypass valves are not closed all the way. That's what my problem was. After shutting off the bypass valve's everything was fine. That would be the first place I would check.
Hope it's that and nothing else serious.
Bill

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Clark would have to agree with John and Bill , bypass valves not right. I had hot water in the water heater tank but was not getting hot at the tap. The valve letting the hot water out of the tank was closed , lucky I had water in the tank didn't burn anything electrical out in the heater....Ken

Clark

Thanks for the words. I went out and rechecked the bypass valve and both handles are pointed at the "Normal" location. Drove over the my dealer and the Service Manager said "Bypass" also, so I had him show me on a BH that they had in the lot, yep the levers were set the same as mine. Made an appointment to bring in my 5er on Wednesday and have them check it at the same time as they adjust the LR slide (dragging at the rear). Told him that I would rather look silly than take another lukewarm shower. We'll see what he finds.
Clark

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I had a similar problem. I found out that when I took a shower I forgot to turn off the water valves. I left the stop button on the shower head on. This let the water circulate through the shower faucet.

I know this sounds weird but as soon as I shut off the water valves in the shower the problem went away..