New Walmart RVing Commercial

wdk450

Gang:
I noticed a new Walmart commercial on the Today show this morning. It has a short shot of a family at Walmart, and the the other 4/5ths of the commercial are of wholesome family RVing scenes (in a Class C rig). I don't know what motivated Walmart to make this commercial, but I liked it.

'Lil Guy'

Seems to me that HL could approach Walmart and have them put Heartland rigs in their commercial due to the amount of them on the road and the usage they get from us instead of that rig. Be good advertisement for HL also.

scottyb

Darn, it didn't show any overnight campers set up in the parking lot. Still, a Good commercial

wdk450

While I would agree that the Walmart RV sections are no camping World, I would have to say that while travelling Walmarts are the one stop shop for food (usually), OTC medications, clothing, cleaning items, along with somewhere you can get a 30 amp extension cord, some leveller blocks, some holding tank treatment, or some RVers Goop. Also tools, some hardware, and automotive supplies.

I just wish that more of them had the multigrain chibattas all the time in the bakery section. Great for your own egg McMuffins, and hamburger buns.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
It does seem that Wal-Mart is increasing the amount of RV products they carry. Their prices seem to be pretty good on the many of the RV items they do carry.

Bob Vaughn

In Fairbanks Alaska last summer there were so many rv's camped in the lot that they interfered with the traffic flow....Some looked like they had been there all summer....kinda of a ghetto look....