Dealer Trades

Huggy

I worked in auto industry for many years, auto dealers will do dealer trades. Will TT dealers do the same thing if I find a model somewhere else? I would like to keep my business close to home without having to special order a unit.

danemayer

Hi Huggy,

While it's possible, I don't think I recall anyone posting about having done so on an RV. If they can't sell you what's on their lot, most dealers would probably just offer to order the trailer from the factory the way you want.

Huggy

That brings up another question. If I build and order a unit, what kind of time frame for delivery would I be looking at?

danemayer

That brings up another question. If I build and order a unit, what kind of time frame for delivery would I be looking at?

When ours was built, it took about 6 weeks which included a week in the paint shop. But the industry was in a slump at that time. I think 8 weeks is more common these days. If you order during a busy time, transport driver availability could delay delivery time a week or two.

Your dealer could probably give you a better idea for order lead time on a specific model.

Huggy

Thank you very much! Going back to the dealer this weekend with a load of MORE questions. I have never took this long to buy something in my life. :D

buddyboy

Thank you very much! Going back to the dealer this weekend with a load of MORE questions. I have never took this long to buy something in my life. :D

Take your time. Ask questions here and to the dealer. Your money and your happiness are what matters. We ordered ours and got EXACTLY what we wanted. Go online download the brochures with included and options. Good luck!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you order one I believe the time frame is 6-10 weeks. You can call the factory to find out for sure.

Huggy

Was back on the lot again today. They don't do dealer trades or order single units at a time. So the search continues.

GOTTOYS

You could call Heartland and they could tell you what dealers in your area have what you are looking for in stock. Most dealers would be happy to take your order and get you exactly what you want...Don

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
When we were looking for our Prowler a couple of months back, we just typed in the model number we were looking for in the 'Google Search' line . . . and Google found it only 40 miles away!

danemayer

Was back on the lot again today. They don't do dealer trades or order single units at a time. So the search continues.

I guess your dealer prefers to lose a sale rather than fill out an order form. Maybe they think you'll settle for something on the lot.

Miltp920

Not sure the exact unit you are looking for, but Petes RV in Schererville Indiana (which is about 1-3 miles from ILL border in Northern Indiana, took our on line order and it was built in Elkhart and delivered to Petes, and we picked it up and brought it to Michigan.

Gaffer

This dealer is not interested in selling anything that is not on his lot. Find another dealer. Do a very good PDI and find someone other than this dealer to do your future service work. Wouldn't hurt to post the dealers business name. Perhaps they will treat other future customers better.
I guess your dealer prefers to lose a sale rather than fill out an order form. Maybe they think you'll settle for something on the lot.