hydraulic line chafing

utahbrauers

Hello, on my 2012 Cyclone 3712CK I have had the pleasurable experience of the hydraulic line that goes to my passenger side slide out chafed thru where it rubbed on the frame. Heartland is going to replace the hose at no cost. That is great. My problem is, the way I found that the hose had burst was because my front landing gear would not move. Could hear it try to move but no movement what so ever. I and the service people thought it was a bad switch. While replacing the switch the mechanic noticed the hydraulic reservoir was empty. When he tested the new switch he found the chafed line up under the sub floor leaking severely. While Heartland has agreed to cover the expense of the hydraulic line (it was the way the line was routed that caused the chafing) they said they wouldn't do anything for the failed jacks solenoid and actuator for my slide that is going to cost me $2350. They say they won't cover those because they could have been tampered with to cause this. Oh yea, I took the bottom of the trailer off so I could mess it up so I could be without my rig during the height of camping season. Frustration level is high and you can bet I won't buy another of their trailers.

danemayer

they said they wouldn't do anything for the failed jacks solenoid and actuator for my slide that is going to cost me $2350.

Several things seem off.

If pressing the switch resulted in pump noise, why did the tech think it was a bad switch?

Solenoid and actuator = $2350? Maybe a new pump and new trombetta would cost $2350, but I can't believe a solenoid and actuator would cost more than $100-200 plus a little labor.

And of course there's the obvious question of why the chafed line requires any additional parts beyond the new hose.

Before I throw rocks at your tech, maybe you could provide a few additional details.

Jim.Allison

It is a "crying out loud shame" that we wind up being dependant on dealer service departments that are incompetent and get 4 prices for a simple job like you described. Your beef is not with Heartland but with the dealer that started replacing parts before making the proper diagnosis.

wdk450

Craig:
You might ask to talk to the Heartland Service department manager on this problem, to appeal the previous decision. Has your dealer servicer said that the actuator failure was a "consequential damage" due to the hydraulic line failure?