Protecting front cap

teasac69

I've read several threads on the cleaning of the front cap and most are getting dated. So I wanted to start a fresh one from a little different perspective......

My BH is stored in a covered barn but the nose sticks out a little bit (facing east) so the morning sun in on the nose cap. What should I put on the nose to protect it as much as possible from that morning sun? I hope to one day build my own barn and I'll make it long enough to have at least a soft cover that I can drop over the nose. In the mean time, I need to keep that Big Horn decal protected as best I can. what should I be using?

thanks always, you guys are great, I love that you never sound condescending to rookie members that ask a lot of really elementary questions sometimes. (including me).

MTPockets

Our Big Horn will be four years old in October. We're full time and it's been in full sun most of the time. A very few exceptions when under trees, but not very much. Decals, front cap, and shine is better than new. Fortunately, I was early on introduced to Rejex (www.Rejex.com) I've applied per instructions every 8-10 months, 6 months on cap. I've been more than pleased with this product. Their web site has all the details.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The biggest thing you should do is keep a good coat of wax on it. There is a product call ReJex that is the best stuff around. The ReJex will apply like a wax but bonds with the finish leaving a protective coating that will last 3-6 months. It also makes cleaning the bug off a breeze.

Jim.Allison

Cant find 505 aerospace, sure it is not 303 aerospace? Rejex has a precleaner, is that a good idea or just a good wash? Does the 505/303? have some kind of preclean? What are best procedures for them-just asking,

I need to do something like this to my rig.

Lynn1130

+3 for Rejex. I don't think there is a pre-cleaner in it if that is what you are suggesting. The documentation and people I talked with at Rejex suggest washing with dawn and water to remove previous wax before applying Rejex. I have been using it for 4 or 5 years on all of my vehicles and have had very good luck with it.

Also, read the directions well. There are some outside temp requirements as well as the fact that it needs to cure out of the elements to be totally effective. The Detail Manager at my local detail shop was so impressed with it she said they were going to change from what they were using. I don't know if that happened but it is pretty good stuff.